Sign in to follow this  

Do your girlfriends support you?

I am moving up to a 250 and the girls that I mainly ride with have 125's and a 100.

Whenever I talk to them about me getting a 250, they just get so negative and just don't care. These people are usually really happy for each other and we always support each other.

I feel as if they don't believe me that I'm ready to move up. I have ridden with different people the last few times we have gone and in those times, I have improved drastically.

It's really hurtful that these people are being so negative about something I'm really excited about. I am at the point where I don't even want to tell them anymore.

Thoughts? Have you had this happen?

Just wanted to add that it's just these 2 girls. Everyone else I speak with (including other girl riders) completely support me because they know Im ready.

Don't worry about their opinion,ride for you not for them,get on that 250,twist the wick,and enjoy!.

I'm not really worried about their opinion. I'm just sad that they can't enjoy it with me.

Thanks! I plan to have a great time and beat the trail on it :bonk:

Ehhh i wouldnt worry about it....just go ride and if you do end up riding with them and they start whining about it...leave 'em in the dust so you dont have to listen to it :bonk:

Have fun riding...thats what is important!!

I would just blow it off. Go ride.... and ride for yourself :bonk: You never know... it might be jealousy :banana:

All the girls riders I know supported me moving up to the 450 :smirk:

Ride your own ride. Those who put down the best intentions of another are usually those with a wounded soul. Maybe they are just concerned you won't want to ride with them anymore or maybe they don't want to go through the learning curve with you. The jump to a 250 may be a challenge. It was for me. Do what YOU want...life is short....enjoy it.

:bonk::ride::smirk:

I am moving up to a 250 and the girls that I mainly ride with have 125's and a 100.

Whenever I talk to them about me getting a 250, they just get so negative and just don't care. These people are usually really happy for each other and we always support each other.

I feel as if they don't believe me that I'm ready to move up. I have ridden with different people the last few times we have gone and in those times, I have improved drastically.

It's really hurtful that these people are being so negative about something I'm really excited about. I am at the point where I don't even want to tell them anymore.

Thoughts? Have you had this happen?

Ride your own ride. Those who put down the best intentions of another are usually those with a wounded soul. Maybe they are just concerned you won't want to ride with them anymore or maybe they don't want to go through the learning curve with you. The jump to a 250 may be a challenge. It was for me. Do what YOU want...life is short....enjoy it.

:smirk::ride::banana:

450's are next :bonk:

Oh Ya....hold on to your smaller bike for a while. I found the trade in value to be pretty small and it is really fun to throw around a small bike after getting better on the 250. I love riding my 140 and my 125.

Most riders can tell when they are really ready to move up. I have a friend who has been riding a CRF150R big wheel for a couple of years. I have let her ride a couple of my full sized bikes before and she did a great job on them, but wasn't comfortable with the idea of moving up, even though she believed what i told her about the benefits of a full sized frame and wheels. She finally bought and raced a used YZ125 this month and seems pretty happy with it.:bonk:

Don't worry about what a couple of people say who just sound like they are jealous.:smirk:

Oh Ya....hold on to your smaller bike for a while. I found the trade in value to be pretty small and it is really fun to throw around a small bike after getting better on the 250. I love riding my 140 and my 125.

I'm selling it. We really can't afford to hold on to a small bike just to throw it around every now and then. :bonk: I wish we could, I'd still have the 50 to beat around :smirk:

Don't worry what anyone else thinks. I had a guy tell me once that my 450 was to much bike for a girl to handle. I let it get to me for awhile. Now i think he was insecure because he was on a 250. Just ride what you want.

Do your girlfriends support you.

I have zero girlfriends that ride (dirt or street), and I know only one lady who does have an xr100 and rides, but I have never seen her ride nor ridden with her.

As for my girlfriends, I wouldn't say they support me by any means. Most think I'm just plain crazy (especially since I am a Mom - oh my - like becoming a Mom somehow puts the kaibosh on fun for life...doh). Some I think truly fear for me, everytime I see them in person they look relieved I am still alive or something. Others just take "mums the word" approach...best not to talk about it. They stick to non-issue topics like the weather...zzzz.

The only women I can think of that are ok with me riding are my sister, my MIL and the wives of the guys we ride with, as they support their husband & kids who ride - even though they don't ride themselves.

So, I wouldn't put much thought into their attitude on you moving up. Regardless of their support, you ride for you not them anyways. For those who don't support me, I feel it is their loss. Riding dirt bikes is seriously the most fun thing I have learned to do besides drag racing. Besides being fun, the sense of accomplishment on where I was when I began to now is priceless. The muscles I have gained are a bonus too!!

Enjoy your new ride!! You have my support. :bonk::smirk:

#1 thing you should always remember.......If "they" are talking about you, that is what matters....good, bad, ....who cares!!!! They are talking about you!!!!! Then you can go from there! oh yah, i poached my ole mans name on the site again.....oooops

Edited by summitz780
bcuz

I have zero girlfriends that ride (dirt or street), and I know only one lady who does have an xr100 and rides, but I have never seen her ride nor ridden with her.

As for my girlfriends, I wouldn't say they support me by any means. Most think I'm just plain crazy (especially since I am a Mom - oh my - like becoming a Mom somehow puts the kaibosh on fun for life...doh). Some I think truly fear for me, everytime I see them in person they look relieved I am still alive or something. Others just take "mums the word" approach...best not to talk about it. They stick to non-issue topics like the weather...zzzz.

The only women I can think of that are ok with me riding are my sister, my MIL and the wives of the guys we ride with, as they support their husband & kids who ride - even though they don't ride themselves.

So, I wouldn't put much thought into their attitude on you moving up. Regardless of their support, you ride for you not them anyways. For those who don't support me, I feel it is their loss. Riding dirt bikes is seriously the most fun thing I have learned to do besides drag racing. Besides being fun, the sense of accomplishment on where I was when I began to now is priceless. The muscles I have gained are a bonus too!!

Enjoy your new ride!! You have my support. :bonk::banana:

Sounds like you need to move out here :smirk:

I don't have any girlfriends out here to ride with. But all my friends support me:ride:, even when they call me crazy:bonk:. I did get to ride with DD in CA recently and look forward to the next such opportunity.:bonk:

I don't have any girlfriends out here to ride with. But all my friends support me:ride:, even when they call me crazy:bonk:. I did get to ride with DD in CA recently and look forward to the next such opportunity.:bonk:

You missed a good one, complete with big boulders and some snow during the middle of the week!:smirk: It was just Alan and me on Wednesday.

2011McCainMimiRocks.jpg

2011McCainMimi.jpg