Sign in to follow this  

Go Tubeless for fast offroad riding ??

Was at the local shop and seen a tubeless conversion kit... I kind of liked the less rotating mass idea and using plugs instead of changing tubes trail side... My only reservation are the tires I use are for tubes so how well would air hold at 8lb in a tire designed for tube and what happens when tire comes off beed and your 10 miles from compressed air ?..... I like the idea but question the reliability . Anyone out there have good experience with them ?

I used them in 2010 at the BITD Parker 250 race. Ran a mousse Bib at Vegas to Reno in 08.

I way like the Tubliss setup over the Mousse Bib. Am running the Tubliss again at Parker in Jan. Dunlop 952 rear and bridgestone ED11? The enduro front.

With the Tublisss you tend to need to run the stiffer harder tires.

If you like running low pressure you'll probly really like them. just keep in mind that a tire that feels good with a tube, say the dunlop MX51s might feel like jello tubliss, (they did to me) because they have a softer carcass and sidewall.

I like them. Jeff that runs Nuetech is great to deal with as well.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the tire coming off the bead at low psi. The Tubliss is actually a small "inner" tube inflted to 100psi that acts as a bead-lock around the inside of the wheel.

i like the tubliss system. can run flat if you have to, tire wont come off the bead. i carry a plug kit and second wind pump. went to ride one morning, found a screw in my tire and was flat. the group all paniked and threw a fit. 2 minutes later they're still pissin and moanin, and i'm ready to ride. only thing is the high speed riding. the tires are a bear to get balanced with the tubliss, i got mine pretty close but can tell they're off a little