Sign in to follow this  

Florida Support dirty foot!

I just heard Dirty Foot will have the MX Track, camping, and the TRAILS open New Years Weekend.:smirk:

Let's get the crew together and support Dirty Foot. The people at DFA are incredible, and the place is just plain fun, fun, fun.

I have a 10 hour flight, and I don't get in until 2am New Years morning, but I'll still be there New Years Day. No excuses! Let's support these people, and help them before another great riding spot disappears.:bonk::thumbsup:

I'm sure DFA will post the details shortly.

• Like 1

I'm up for that. We talking about camping there Sunday night? I'm off Monday too!!!

I'm up for that. We talking about camping there Sunday night? I'm off Monday too!!!

Whatever the group wants to do.

I can't make it until New Years Day. I'm flying back New Year's Eve/New Years Morning.

This place is just plain awesome.

Thanks for starting the thread.....

It is time to show your support to Dirty Foot Adventures!!!!!!

We are having an open ride weekend for New Years. We WILL HAVE Camping, Trails, the MX Track, Drag Strip, Mud Pit and Enduro Cross Course all OPEN!!! Yes that is right for this one weekend Friday- Monday we are able to allow our members to ride the trail system and camp at Dirty Foot Adventures. We have been allowed a Special Use Permit for that weekend as a FUNDRAISER to re-open our trails and camping back up. We will have several things planned to help raise the necessary funds such as a Scavenger Hunt, 50/50, donation pot and we will be selling Lunch and Dinner. We are also working with a company to have DFA Shirts, Hats and Stickers (for the vehicle) with our new logo on them. The design they came up with is AWESOME and we can not wait for you to see it.

We need your help to get the word out about this SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY to allow our members out on the trails as well as having the ability for them to camp. Please tell all of your friends and get them to come spend the weekend with us!!

I'm making plans to head over there on that friday and maybe that monday too. I'd camp the whole weekend but I have to be at work on saturday and sunday. If anybody sees me wandering around on the trails stop by and say hello. I'll have my yz 125 out with me, bike number 184c.

Jason

:bonk:

For those of you that have been there can you tell us what the trails are like?

I went to the website but I didn't find any info on the trails.

How would you compare them to a place like croom? Are there enough trails to ride for days?

How would you compare them to a place like croom? Are there enough trails to ride for days?

There is no comparison to Croom in my mind.

The trails are marked well (one way). There is a nice mix of single track, and open areas to have a blast.

I really think however unlike Croom you can ride just about everything in 2-3 days. Croom you could ride for weeks and not hit every single trail.

Croom beats the hell out of me with the whoops. DFA has technical areas, but it's much newb/novice friendly.

I plan on being there when the gates open Monday. DFA is a blast plain and simple.

I'm making plans to head over there on that friday and maybe that monday too. I'd camp the whole weekend but I have to be at work on saturday and sunday. If anybody sees me wandering around on the trails stop by and say hello. I'll have my yz 125 out with me, bike number 184c.

Jason

:bonk:

Jason I'll call you that Monday.

I hope I get some sleep on the flight back from the UK or I'm going to be a Zombie when we ride there.

if my bike is done I will be down there riding the mx track. I hope this place takes off!!!

I have some video of the trails at Dirty Foot Adventures if you would like to view them go here http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderdualy?feature=mhee

You can find a Google Earth map of Dirty Foot adventures showing the trails here. http://www.dirtyfootadventures.com/contact/map/ It’s near the bottom of the page . Click on (Google Map of Dirty Foot Adventures) then save the zip file to your hard drive.

You will find a little of every thing on the trails. a mud hole or two, trails through the woods, and some open areas. Creek crossings. Sometimes dry sometimes high water. It’s a great place I’m sure you will enjoy it.

Jason I'll call you that Monday.

I hope I get some sleep on the flight back from the UK or I'm going to be a Zombie when we ride there.

Zombie or not it should be a good time. I've got my whole sunday croom crew going on friday. Should be about 8 of us heading over there from the clearwater/palm harbor area. :bonk:

Jason

:smirk:

Additional details from their facebook page:

"Prices for New Years Fundraiser weekend; Adults $30 for all 4 days or $15 daily. Children (ages 6-12) $20 all 4 days or $10 per day. Spectators $20 all 4 days of $10 daily. Mx Track is an additional $11 per day to ride.

Yes the trails will be open from Friday morning until Monday @ 4pm. Obviously they will be closed at dark each day. Hours for that weekend are; Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9am-9m and Monday 9am-4pm. Track will be opened from 10am-4pm every day. All riding will end at dark each day."

We also posted pictures of the shirts, hats and stickers that are for sale up there as well. Thanks everyone for the wonderful support. If we get enough support for that weekend we will def be able to get everything re-opened.

We are also doing a poker run/scavenger hunt, night ride in the trails and a possible Autograph signing with Adam McGill. The poker run will pay back cash to the winner(s). We are also doing a 50/50 raffle and selling food/drinks

Who's planning to camp?

I will be able to camp Sunday night only... (if I can get a spot)

I'm in for the entire time now. I'll probably be divorced after ditching the UK, but oh well.

You blew-off your trip?

I don't get along with my wife's parents, and I don't do drama so I'm staying at home.:bonk:

Eating that ticket sucks!:smirk::foul: