Pa. Ride Park Receives $1.5M State Grant

Northumberland County, $1,500,000 for further development of the approximately 6,500-acre Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area in Coal, East Cameron, Mt. Carmel, West Cameron, and Zerbe townships to include the construction of off-highway vehicle facilities, 200 miles of trails, trailhead amenities, parking, utilities, ADA access, landscaping and project sign. Kathy A. Jeremiah, 570-988-4295.

It will likely reduce (or limit access to) the large number of trails already there.
My thoughts exactly.

The maps they posted showed most of the best riding areas will be devoted to hiking and horseback riding. That's what PA really needs:rolleyes:

You can ride there legally for $125 bucks a year. They will be likely charging more than that for a weekend. Just going to turn into another Rausch Creek. What a shame.

Sleepy Head CRF if you really feel this way join the project process and help steer it in the right direction. Call George Fetterman the PaOHV rep. in this project and make a difference. All of the PaOHV Officers can be reached through the PaOHV website; www.paohv.org.

You can ride there legally for $125 bucks a year. They will be likely charging more than that for a weekend. Just going to turn into another Rausch Creek. What a shame.

Actually you cant legaly, RAC does not own any land included in the AOAA project.

Actually you cant legaly, RAC does not own any land included in the AOAA project.

I must have misread my RAC map. The Zerbe Township Police don't consider it illegal. We have spoken with them on a number of occasions and they never asked us to leave. They were always nice to us, but then again, we don't run from them.

You've got to be doing something stupid (drunk, dumping trash, drugs, etc) for them to ask you to leave.

I must have misread my RAC map. The Zerbe Township Police don't consider it illegal. We have spoken with them on a number of occasions and they never asked us to leave. They were always nice to us, but then again, we don't run from them.

You've got to be doing something stupid (drunk, dumping trash, drugs, etc) for them to ask you to leave.

LOL at The Zerbe police, typically they tell you the flats are open but the piles are closed/off limits. RAC does own both the flats and piles and both are open for riding (despite the township supervisors not wanting you there.)

However the AAOA area does not include either. Technically any area outside of the RAC property was Trespassing. Though you are correct no one ever did anything.