Sign in to follow this  

EFI Mapping On A Stock Bike

Just Curious Would Re Mapping Your Efi To Your Riding Style/Type of Riding Be Beneficial?

I Dont Plan On Adding A Pipe Or Any Other Modifications Besides Re Springing And Valving My Suspension.

Bike Is A 2011 KX450F.

Has Anyone Done This? I Realize The 2012's Are Adjustable In Stock Trim.

This Is What I Was Looking Into From The Precision Concepts Website.

ECU/EFI mappingWith over a year of testing, we have come up with significant improvements to the stock mapping on the 2009-2012 KX450Fs. From motocross to offroad to trail riding, we have settings cutom designed for each application. Our goal was to increase tractability and to pull longer in each gear. Reducing wheel spin and arm-jerking power helps the bike accelerate quicker and reduces rider fatigue. Side benefits are better handling and increased fuel mileage.

Send or bring in your ECU unit from behind the front number plate. This is a guaranteed service, a one time remapping charge includes resetting the unit for any change of riding venues for as long as you own your bike. $69.00

I've thought about remapping mine since I ride singletrack but haven't done it yet. I like the arm jerking power but it can get tough in tight sections or when you get tired. I started lifting weights and that made a helluva difference but it still needs remapping. I'll probably wait until riding season is over and send it off this summer. Don't wanna do without a bike right now. I'll send mine to Tokyomods.

I've thought about remapping mine since I ride singletrack but haven't done it yet. I like the arm jerking power but it can get tough in tight sections or when you get tired. I started lifting weights and that made a helluva difference but it still needs remapping. I'll probably wait until riding season is over and send it off this summer. Don't wanna do without a bike right now. I'll send mine to Tokyomods.

I LoveThe Arm Jerking Power Myself. I Do Alot Of Desert And Sand Dune Riding And Love Good Top End. Id Would Rather Have The Bike On The Rich End.

I Noticed With This Bike Im Getting Arm Pump Bad In The Desert Riding Miles Of Whoops And Standing For Long Periods Of Time. Im Sure Toning Her Down Might Help That But Thats Not What I Want For The Dunes. Ive Never Really Gotten Arm Pump Like This Before. Guess Ill Have To Look For A Happy Medium.

Im Digging Your Avatar:banana:

Edited by TwoCrfs

I Noticed With This Bike Im Getting Arm Pump Bad

Wait until you get 42 and see how bad arm pump is. I weigh about 230lbs. so you would think that would help riding the 450 versus weighing 150 or so but its just more weight on your arms. I should have started lifting weights along time ago. I'd like to ride some open desert instead of these woods where its first gear and sometimes full lock on the bars. I like trails with a good flow so you don't overheat or burn up a clutch.

Just Curious Would Re Mapping Your Efi To Your Riding Style/Type of Riding Be Beneficial?

I Dont Plan On Adding A Pipe Or Any Other Modifications Besides Re Springing And Valving My Suspension.

Bike Is A 2011 KX450F.

Has Anyone Done This? I Realize The 2012's Are Adjustable In Stock Trim.

This Is What I Was Looking Into From The Precision Concepts Website.

ECU/EFI mappingWith over a year of testing, we have come up with significant improvements to the stock mapping on the 2009-2012 KX450Fs. From motocross to offroad to trail riding, we have settings cutom designed for each application. Our goal was to increase tractability and to pull longer in each gear. Reducing wheel spin and arm-jerking power helps the bike accelerate quicker and reduces rider fatigue. Side benefits are better handling and increased fuel mileage.

Send or bring in your ECU unit from behind the front number plate. This is a guaranteed service, a one time remapping charge includes resetting the unit for any change of riding venues for as long as you own your bike. $69.00

I have experience with changing maps on both a stock engine and a modified one. To give you an idea of what to expect... you will feel a bigger change by changing the number of teeth on the rear sprocket. Don't get me wrong I liked the change on mine but most people won't notice much of a difference. I like a harder hit and additional rpm's so the map change can do that for me. On the other had it also can mellow it out if you like. This all done by manipulating the fuel and timing curve.