03 250sx kickstart question

Hmm exactly how I have it put in.

Start with #50 the main shaft and push everything on to it, just like the little dotted line shows. The one end will be the big spring and the other end will be the little spring. Obviously without #4 and back.

Put the washer #34 into the case, and then push the entire assembly into the case.

Using the spring locking mechanism #19, pull up the little tab on the big spring until the mechanism is in place and screw it in. Takes a few tries, but once that is in place, the whole assembly will kinda stay there. Then you can push on the top case carefully and make sure it doesn't go "boing".

What I've done in the past is stick the three screws that surround the housing and then test the thing. Put the kicker on just enough so you can use it and with gearpack #24 installed and if you throw the clutch basket in, you can get a real sense if its working properly by either turning over the motor, or even with the motor main drive gear missing, you can put some pressure on the basket with your hand to make sure it turns over properly.

Its a pretty easy assembly to get wrong, kinda like the powervalve trigger assembly, so take your time. Sorry for the quick and dirty description, but I've been putting them together and taking them apart for the last few weeks as I'm working on a few motors right now and I can put it together with my eyes closed. heh Gotta love KTM 2 strokes! :bonk: