Sign in to follow this  

yz 250 burnt out gear ? or different bottom end put on ?

hi i have a 96 yz 250 that i just got , i traded my 01 yz 125 even up for it, can upload pics sometime if someone tells me how to, but anyways what i wanna know is if the bike has a burnt out 6th gear or a different bottom end gears put in, right now the bike is a 5 speed, but supposively off a site i found the 96 yz 250 is a 6 speed ? , the tenth digit on my frame is a T so that adds up to 96 , and the motor case serial number just behind where the kick starter is sais 4SR-020209 , so if someone can tell me what year its from or if it actually is a 96 bottom end , thats about all i can say about it, so it'd be greatly appreciated if someone could let me know soon, thanx :bonk:

if it indeed had 6 gears and 6th happened to be burnt out, you'd know it, happened on my old wr, it would shift into fifth then would feel like it was in neutral with some ugly sounds, split the cases to find the forks/gears f***

hi i have a 96 yz 250 that i just got , i traded my 01 yz 125 even up for it, can upload pics sometime if someone tells me how to, but anyways what i wanna know is if the bike has a burnt out 6th gear or a different bottom end gears put in, right now the bike is a 5 speed, but supposively off a site i found the 96 yz 250 is a 6 speed ? , the tenth digit on my frame is a T so that adds up to 96 , and the motor case serial number just behind where the kick starter is sais 4SR-020209 , so if someone can tell me what year its from or if it actually is a 96 bottom end , thats about all i can say about it, so it'd be greatly appreciated if someone could let me know soon, thanx :bonk:

I really don't remember a 250 ever having 6 gears. I know the 125's did at one time then 5 then 6 I think for a while and now 5 again

go look at a schematic on TT for you bike and see what it shows for the number of gears

ok , thanx guys for the help, now that i know i dont need toworry about it anymore , heres a link to one of my youtube videos of my bike, if anyone wanted to know what mine looked like