Sign in to follow this  

What rear tyres?

Hi all,time again to change the rear tyre.Last one was a mich starcross, was great tyre but had not lasted well.Found on some hard packed parts it tore the blocks clean off.Good in the wet, seemed to hook up well.Thinking of a dunlop inter 51.Any thoughts:ride:

Pob help if i told what it will be used on:bonk:Its a purely mx track bike!

Sand,in wet,in dry,hardpacked.Only run one set of rims so a want the best alround if there is such a thing:smirk:cheers

Bridestone 404's my friend. I think the new rmz's come stock with these, and also like I told ya, my tuner swears by them. I just got my new tires on today, but next tires I'm gonna try those. They have great reviews!:bonk:

Interesting. try the Bridgestone 404's. Their stock on the rmz's and had really good reviews in the shootouts, and like I said, my tuner (52 yr old) swears by them, and he knows:prof: his shit!

Speedy, whats the best way to get my carb off:smashpc:?! Or at least get the float bowl off so I can change my pilot and all the screws w/ the alan ones I got:thumbsup:

I took the carb out to give a good service as well as change jets.From memory i took off seat,tail pipe,the complete subframe and top shock mount ect,and pulled it through the rear of bike.But only done like this coz the bike was getting stripped to the frame anyhaw.Cant really think why you cant undo the carb from the airbox boot and intake joining rubber and twist the complete carb round.It is tight but i remember i had to get to the float bowl myself,so can be done:ride:You must just have hands like shovels:smirk:

Got it done. I did all that, pulled it thru the ass:moon:

I went ahead and hanged out all the screws w/ Alan bolts. I have a Moose air/fuel screw, and im looking at what I think is the stock one, its next to the drain bolt on the bottom, but it had a flat head, how n the hell to I get that out?! Look at my pic I posted. On pilot jet, its to the left, is that it?!:smirk: how the hell does it come out!:bonk:

Right so you have the carb loose and in your hand upside down.You have taken the complete bowl off with the x4 srews.Centre is the main,left of that is the pilot.The pilot comes out with a flat head screw driver.The main comes out with a socket.It really is that simple fella.Want to help you fella just cant think what you stuck on:thumbsup:

100.110.18 DUNLOP MX51 is my best friend in Baja!

I think thats gonna be the tyre and that size:thumbsup:Read lots on what pros and so on are useing ,and seems mx51 are a good all rounder that hoocks up well even 50% into its tyre life:thumbsup:

If your running moto you don't want a 110, you want 100!! Its a bigger, heavier tire, good for the woods, (thats what I just got), but not necessarily the track speed!:bonk:

Yep fella you are correct:bonk:should really think sometimes before i post,100/110 is what on at the mo coz thats all that they had in.Still rolled over nice though:ride:

Haha. Man i swear I'm gonna get my bike back together today and ride. That carb was a bia. I still can't get the factory one out. :bonk:

Also working on my gfs xr100. I got a bunch of new stuff for it. It's bein a bit of a pain too. Didn't wanna start lastnight after I got the new carb, throttle cable, plug and a few other things on:foul:

Which model did you try?

M7305 inter!Dont have many people i no or have ridden with on tracks likes them that much tbh.