**NEW PIC**Is this my air fuel screw?? PLEASE HELP!!

:bonk:I finally was able to get the carb out the back near the shock to install a new main and pilot jet. My question is, is this the air/fuel screw and if not, were is it?? Because I can't seem to find to so I can install the Moose one I bought. The top is flat, how can I get it out?:banana:

This is the only thing stopping me from putting half of my bike back together and goin riding to test the new jetting and ccc mods...?

Please help, could anybody tell me where its located, or is that it, the small brass up and to the left. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anybody lol and its driving my crazy:banghead: If you have a pic to post so I can see where its at that would be the best thing you could do to help me!!!:busted:

Thanks!:bonk:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97683

Edited by GoonSquadRMZ450

Yes...on my 06 I access both through the drain plug on bottom of carb. 17 mm I think. A small socket (6mm?) fits the main jet...a small flathead fits in the pilot jet which sits to the left of the main jet. Get a small mirror and look up in there to see.

I bought a small ratcheting box end wrench at Home Depot that is super handy for this work and a short screwdriver at ace that fits in the socket of the wrench. The wrench is a Husky 8 piece ratchet and socket set...part number on the package was 165152. Perfect! I don't know if they still sell it but hopefully they do. I can change main or pilot jet in just a few minutes. :bonk:

it is easy to take the bottom off (the float bowl) to access the jets easily. and if you take it off, replace the screws with allen head screws and it will be much easier the next time.

If you take it off once so you can really see how everything is in there, the next time you can probably just pull the drain plug and do it through that hole.

Yes...on my 06 I access both through the drain plug on bottom of carb. 17 mm I think. A small socket (6mm?) fits the main jet...a small flathead fits in the pilot jet which sits to the left of the main jet. Get a small mirror and look up in there to see.

I bought a small ratcheting box end wrench at Home Depot that is super handy for this work and a short screwdriver at ace that fits in the socket of the wrench. The wrench is a Husky 8 piece ratchet and socket set...part number on the package was 165152. Perfect! I don't know if they still sell it but hopefully they do. I can change main or pilot jet in just a few minutes. :bonk:

Damn man, I need that!!! I'm gonna go get it. Ok, so the polit is up in there next to the main? I thought it was up and to the far left, see in the pic?

it is easy to take the bottom off (the float bowl) to access the jets easily. and if you take it off, replace the screws with allen head screws and it will be much easier the next time.

If you take it off once so you can really see how everything is in there, the next time you can probably just pull the drain plug and do it through that hole.

I've got all the alan bolts to replace the top and bottom of the carb, but I couldnt get the screw in the far left corner out, theres no room, how do yall do this?

I'm not sure what screw, but twist the carb to rider's left to access bottom of carb...to rider's right (and maybe left) to access top. If you loosen the factory zip ties on the various vent tubes and pull the clear drain line out of the clips in front of the shock and loosen the screws on the airbox boots, it should twist. If it won't twist, find what is restricting it and loosen.

If you can't get enough access via twisting, you may need to raise the rear subframe and remove the shock and pull the carb out of the front boot too. Once done, it will just be hanging there at that point, mostly held in place by the throttle cables.

If you decide to fully remove the carb from the bike, remove the hot start at the lever, not at the carb.

Damn man, I need that!!! I'm gonna go get it. Ok, so the polit is up in there next to the main? I thought it was up and to the far left, see in the pic?

I can't see the pic. It is next to the main but somewhat recessed. It is brass and has a slot for a flathead screwdriver in it. Do you have a manual? If so, there are pics in there that should give you at least a general idea.

now I need to replace the pilot. ........ .. Or is this the air/fuel screw?? Because I can't seem to find to so I can install the Moose one I bought.

think you are talking about 2 different things. the pilot is the little flat bladed jet that is up inside the bottom of the carb. You should be replacing the stock 40 with a 42 (honda jet).

The Moose one you bought most likely has a knob on the end of it so you can turn it easily while the bike is running. and that is the air/fuel screw. that goes into the front of the carb up higher. That one can be replaced without taking the float bowl off or taking the drain plug out of the carb.

The bike already had a 42p and 130m. I put a 45p and 152m, per my tuner. Yes, the idle screw is the one that wraps around on the front, but I've got a air/fuel screw (Moose) you know, 2 turns out, 2 1/4, and so on... Where the hell does this thing go?! Is that it, the small brass you see above the drain and to the left??!!! It won't come out, It has a flat top and no way to grab it!:bonk:

What you circled is the idle fuel mix screw.

It looks like yours still has the limit cap installed over it.

2 ways to remove it you can drill a small hole in it enough to start a screw in it and pull it out that way

or remove the bowl and tap it out with a small hammer and punch (real small hammer)

I recomend removing the bowl if you have never drilled one of these caps before. When you remove the bowl you will see the screw. the cap your seeing just covers it so you cant mess with it.

When you remove your old screw do not loose the spring, washer and o-ring. Remember the order they go in to reinstall. Put a small dab of oil in the o-ring to keep from pinching it as it slides back in. :bonk:

• Like 1

What you circled is the idle fuel mix screw.

It looks like yours still has the limit cap installed over it.

2 ways to remove it you can drill a small hole in it enough to start a screw in it and pull it out that way

or remove the bowl and tap it out with a small hammer and punch (real small hammer)

I recomend removing the bowl if you have never drilled one of these caps before. When you remove the bowl you will see the screw. the cap your seeing just covers it so you cant mess with it.

When you remove your old screw do not loose the spring, washer and o-ring. Remember the order they go in to reinstall. Put a small dab of oil in the o-ring to keep from pinching it as it slides back in. :bonk:

And the gods have spoken:worthy:

FINALLY!! Thanks bro, I'm actually gonna get to ride today:thumbsup:

Haha!!! Yea it was a bitch to get back together. Damit boi one thing after another was such a pain. But now that ib done it once, it won't be bad at all next time. Tommrow I'm gonna ride and try to dial in the fuel screw:ride:. I hope the jetting is spot on. I have the 45p and 152m which no one else is using, but well see. I do have a 42p on hand, so that may need to go back in. I thoufht I needed a bigger main, but my tuner wants me to try this, so well see tommrow. I'll post pics in another week when I get the new fenders on and all the other goodies. I was to tired after I got done with my bike aind my gurls bike:bonk: