Sign in to follow this  

DirtRider 2012 Beta 350 RR review

This is a great write up. ..funny right off the bat I'm not into it when he says that you'll not feel the low end off the bottom unless coming from a 4t 250 then it feels like the 350 lugs. I'm still loving my 525 but think I'll like the 498 or 520 . I love that low end torque . Funny I didn't think I'd get to ride a 350 but my buddy is buying Cody Webbs race bike. I'll have to take a spin when it finally gets shipped here. I think it's soon unless he already has it. If I'm going for light weight I'm liking a 2 stroke at around the 250 to 300 size.

I ride a 250 4t and the 350 (KTM) 4t I rode had good bottom end. Nothing like the 450 but still I could chug it anywhere I needed. You don't buy a 350 for the torque any ways. I would like to see a RS review mostly for the suspension. Funny DR states hard starting because of lean carb setting then remarks of the jetting being excellent. Also funny to see a 30 day warranty but on bottom calls out 6 months. I would not call it a good review because it doesn't go into much detail.

Weantright. This is how I interprited it

at times, a little reluctant to fire as it acted a little lean, the starter a little slow to spin the engine, especially when it was cold.

Edited by widebear

I ride a 250 4t and the 350 (KTM) 4t I rode had good bottom end. Nothing like the 450 but still I could chug it anywhere I needed. You don't buy a 350 for the torque any ways. I would like to see a RS review mostly for the suspension. Funny DR states hard starting because of lean carb setting then remarks of the jetting being excellent. Also funny to see a 30 day warranty but on bottom calls out 6 months. I would not call it a good review because it doesn't go into much detail.

What gives? Is this summary not that this is a good review? Also..just wondering..What is Ktm's warranty? How long is there's?

Overall there is little to complain about with the Beta unless you get very picky. You can call it heavy because it is on a scale (275 lbs. with the tank full ready to ride) but it rides pretty light with the lower power level of the engine having that affect on the light feel when riding. You can say it is a bit confused with a chassis that seems set up for the tight trails and a motor that wants to go 100 MPH, yet it seems to span a wide duty call. And you can say the Beta is dated running on without FI. The company's conservative history shows they don't jump on technology until they have it dialed and they definitely have the carburetor at the top of its game. We suspect it is all part of the big-picture plan. The RR line is sold with a 30-day warranty and is Green Sticker legal in Californis. So if you are in the market for a 350, the $8899 Beta deserves a good looking at

Read more: http://www.dirtrider...l#ixzz1jfG0hFrh

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

What gives? Is this summary not that this is a good review? Also..just wondering..What is Ktm's warranty? How long is there's?

Overall there is little to complain about with the Beta unless you get very picky. You can call it heavy because it is on a scale (275 lbs. with the tank full ready to ride) but it rides pretty light with the lower power level of the engine having that affect on the light feel when riding. You can say it is a bit confused with a chassis that seems set up for the tight trails and a motor that wants to go 100 MPH, yet it seems to span a wide duty call. And you can say the Beta is dated running on without FI. The company's conservative history shows they don't jump on technology until they have it dialed and they definitely have the carburetor at the top of its game. We suspect it is all part of the big-picture plan. The RR line is sold with a 30-day warranty and is Green Sticker legal in Californis. So if you are in the market for a 350, the $8899 Beta deserves a good looking at

Read more: http://www.dirtrider...l#ixzz1jfG0hFrh

Most bikes in this class is 6 months. I was stating DR lack of editing and indepth review of this bike. MX shoot-outs give a lot more on the bike. Why not to this bike. When DR doesn't like a bike they become very light on the review. DR loves the Honda and KTM so I don't ecpect much from them on this bike. Beta is a dated platform but it works. For me I would take a dated platform vs. KTM's state of the art issues.

Here's another one :

Yep seen this one but it's not the OP review. DR is more of a MX magazine than enduro. Fingers are crossed, maybe a new Beta dealership coming to Ohio,, well it would make one in the state!