Sign in to follow this  

1999 LC4 640 new owner

Hey guys, just picked up my first dual sport!!! Its a 99 KTM lc4 640....pretty pumped about the bike, its in very very nice shape with only a few small issues. Needs a fork seal, front wheel bearing and the previous owner said it would blow fuses every once and a while. So i'll have to look into the wiring. It came with a EE seat and the stock seat and box of extra parts and a big gun full exhaust as well as the super trap exhaust thats on the bike.

I have been reading around about exhaust work, intake opening up and jetting/different carbs. I would like to ask is these bikes have pretty slow throttle responce...? the bike pulls pretty good and starts and runs great, but when revving the bike from idle it seems very slow and unexciting. I plan on doing all the regular cleaning and maintiance before putting any miles on her. :bonk:

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated and I will post pictures of this beauty in morning if I can.

you just got a great bike.rejet,regear,open air box and put on the after market exhuast and your bike will come alive.i hear the big gun is noissy so you might want to mod your supertrapp instead.look into stiffer fork springs if your over 165lbs.the list goes on.RR

Where can I buy exhausts? I've looked everywhere and the only place I've found them for the 99 lc4 on eBay but only the super trapp slip on.

I've got a choped up big gun I may try and weld it back together to be nice again and paint it black.

Anyone have a any idea where to get aftermarket parts for a 99 lc4 640? Oem parts are easy to find, but I am struggling to find simple aftermarket parts like sprockets, full pipes, wheels and levers.

anyone have some websites for early model lc4 parts?