Sign in to follow this  

97 Wr250 & Fat bars

This bike has a cast upper triple clamp, so it will only fit standard bars. I would like to run Renthal Fat Bars. Any clues where I could get Fat Bar capable triple clamp? I have a message into Applied and have tried Scotts. Most vendors seem to only carry the newer bikes. Ultimately I want to fit a damper as well.

The 97 "YZ" took the same top as the 98-01 yz..and really the yz up to 03 if you get technical. Does the wr use different forks?

I did a little more research. Looks like the top triple clamp on the YZ changed in '96 and was the same from 96, 97, 98... and maybe beyond I stopped looking. But this part numbr is different than the '97 WR250. I looked back, and it appears the '94 YZ 125/250 (93 & 95 are different) had the same upper triple clamp as the 97 WR.

You don't have to buy new triple clamps--just buy the big bar adapters. This is what I did on my 97 WR250. It moved the bars up and slightly forward which was actually my intention in the first place--improving the riding position.

+1

The big bar adapters allow you a lot more adjustment to tweak the riding position to your liking.

I got to you too late. I have applied top clamp to fit your bike. 65.00 shipped. oh well.

I got to you too late. I have applied top clamp to fit your bike. 65.00 shipped. oh well.

Appreciate the attempt.:bonk:

Still have the clamp? I'm interested...