Sign in to follow this  

Getting a little ticked off trying to buy a 350 service manual

Long story short, have a crank issue on my 350, new parts are at my house waiting for installation. I ordered (and paypal account charged) a service manual from an online ktm parts place. I have called them many times, actually got through once to talk to someone and he was going to call me back. Never did. Left messages, emailed... nothing. I want the manual yesterday. I have been unable to find a place to pay for an instant download. I figure that I will deal with paypal later to get my money back. Anyone know where I can buy an instant download of it? I checked the ktm website, but cant find anything.

Long story short, have a crank issue on my 350, new parts are at my house waiting for installation. I ordered (and paypal account charged) a service manual from an online ktm parts place. I have called them many times, actually got through once to talk to someone and he was going to call me back. Never did. Left messages, emailed... nothing. I want the manual yesterday. I have been unable to find a place to pay for an instant download. I figure that I will deal with paypal later to get my money back. Anyone know where I can buy an instant download of it? I checked the ktm website, but cant find anything.

Me too i tried to find something on the net...nothing. I finally went to a KTM-shop and the guy said he would send me a .pdf file....had to call 2 times when he finally sent me a link but that's only available with a dealer login so i was stuck for the moment. I don't need it urgently as i still don't have any issues with my '12 350 BUT i'm coming from Hondas and i just don't feel comfortable without a manual in hand.With the manual you get with a Honda you can service the bike down to everything on your own.cranks,forks...shock down to the shims...everything. With KTM you get a manual that tells you where the throttle and shifters are - that's it. C'mon KTM ?!!!

So any help in finding such a manual is appreciated.

I have been waiting almost a year,checked last week the DVD is still not out for the XC only the SX,you should be able to have a shop print the motor part (what you need) for you!

I've been trying to get an XC one but no luck. I'd settle for an SXF one if anybody has any leads?? downloads??

did u buy it new? didnt u get one with it?

no-with KTM you don't get a REAL manual at all. In the manual that comes along they tell you where to fill in gasoline, what tire pressure, which side the clutch is and which side the brake etcetc...that's for nothing!

With a Honda already 25 years ago they offered you a manual that was more than just a manual but rather a big help also for suspension setup for different terrain/weather, carburetion, tire choice, gearing etcetc...and for sure every detail about your bike down to the shims in your rear shock.

no-with KTM you don't get a REAL manual at all. In the manual that comes along they tell you where to fill in gasoline, what tire pressure, which side the clutch is and which side the brake etcetc...that's for nothing!

With a Honda already 25 years ago they offered you a manual that was more than just a manual but rather a big help also for suspension setup for different terrain/weather, carburetion, tire choice, gearing etcetc...and for sure every detail about your bike down to the shims in your rear shock.

i agree. i had a crf450r and it was a great manual. more info than i would dare use. i now have a 2000 model ktm and the manual is in 5 languages, yet it is so vague and thin, that it could fit in one language of the honda manual. its stupid it tells u how to ride and stuff.

I just tried to call Ktmhutt again, I couldn't get through due to high call volume, and sent yet another email.

I just tried to call Ktmhutt again, I couldn't get through due to high call volume, and sent yet another email.

Call Terry @ Letko Cycles. (913) 422-3336 or Chip @ Munn Racing. 888-850-7437

I got mine from Munn Racing.

However, even the factory repair manual is disappointing: For example, there is NOTHING on the EFI system. Basically, the manual does not acknowledge that the bike has a fuel system.

ktmhutt

Cool. I had seen it at Ktm Parts but didn't order it way back when but now my motor is out so I will need torque settings etc. By the way don't make the mistake I did and pull the wiring harness all apart. Just unplug everything and pull the subframe back!:bonk:

I went through your EXACT predicament. I ordered the service manual from ktmhutt and never received it. Their customer service is absolute trash.

I called munns racing and got a service manual the next day.

I am convinced ktmhutt is running a scam. I finally did receive the manual from them though... 8 momths after i paid for it

Pm me if you want more details

Yeah I've heard KTMhutt is liking to charge you as soon as you order whether its in stock or not.

KTM Hutt is the worst! They take your payment and weeks later tell you about a backorder that does not come in for months. My buddy had a similar issue with them. From my experience, they have terrible service and never have parts in stock! :bonk:

I ordered some stuff on 12/7 and it STILL hasn't shipped. Can't get through due to high call volume, so I sent an e-mail two days ago. STILL waiting for a response. They suck!!!

I went through your EXACT predicament. I ordered the service manual from ktmhutt and never received it. Their customer service is absolute trash. I called munns racing and got a service manual the next day.

I am convinced ktmhutt is running a scam. I finally did receive the manual from them though... 8 momths after i paid for it

Pm me if you want more details

They are the WORST!! But, they did charge my credit card IMMEDIATELY.

Yeah I've heard KTMhutt is liking to charge you as soon as you order whether its in stock or not.

Yup.

KTM Hutt is the worst! They take your payment and weeks later tell you about a backorder that does not come in for months. My buddy had a similar issue with them. From my experience, they have terrible service and never have parts in stock! :smirk:

They are the biggest pieces of S--T in the industry. I will never, ever order from them again. Munn Racing and the TT Store will get all of my business from now on.

Do NOT, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ORDER FROM KTM HUTT!!!! :bonk:

+++MUNN Racing. I ordered an owners manual for a KTM dealer in California. I was told the manual was still on back order from KTM with no delivery date. Ordered the same manual from Munn Racing and recieved it in a couple of weeks. :bonk: I cancelled my original order.

I found one locally. Cancelled the order through paypal dispute resolution. A few days later and the order was cancelled and money refunded. Learned a lesson I guess.