2006 CRF50 carburetor cleaning

Got everything cleaned good, removed the d shaped screw and cut a slot in it for a flat blade screwdriver.

The bike cranks without the choke on when its cold which is unusual. If you turn the choke on it cuts off. It runs like a two cylinder engine running on one cylinder. When you are accelerating it smooths out but as soon as you level out it starts back running rough. When I was cleaning the main jet, before I knew what it was, I may have got a little rough with it considering it was stopped completely up. This bike has never cranked cold without the choke on. I'm thinking I may have openned the main jet up some causing it to get too much gas. Any opinions

Try running it without the air filter, if it runs better with it off then you've got to much fuel and not enough air. could you have reamed out the idle jett to large? See if the plug is wet as well.

After taking the carb apart 6 or 7 times and getting the same problem I'm ready to cut my loses and buy another carb. Here is the one I'm looking at on ebay, can anyone give an opinion on it or some advice on an another one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-2006-HONDA-CRF50-Dirt-Bike-Carb-NEW-/190505950270?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c5b0a1c3e

• 3 years later...