Sign in to follow this  

'09 300XC handlebar riser question

I have grown to love my 300XC in the single season I've owned it. So much so that I have changed my riding style to be standing 90% of the time. However, I would like to move my handlebars further forward. I have some Enduro Engineering risers installed in the forward position, but I want the bars at least an inch more forward. Any suggestions? What are you guys using? I have rolled my stock bars forward pretty much as far as I can too.

Been there, done that. Maybe you are looking in the wrong area. instead of moving the bars even further forward, think foot peg position. Get some Fastway pegs that can be mounted in a position that is 1/2" lower and 1/2" further back from stock. They make a huge difference. They open up the cockpit for the taller rider.

Now that you are standing more, you will appreciate the wider platform the Fastway pegs offer. They are much easier on the feet for the stand up rider.

I have grown to love my 300XC in the single season I've owned it. So much so that I have changed my riding style to be standing 90% of the time. However, I would like to move my handlebars further forward. I have some Enduro Engineering risers installed in the forward position, but I want the bars at least an inch more forward. Any suggestions? What are you guys using? I have rolled my stock bars forward pretty much as far as I can too.

which position are the bars in now?? you know there are 4 positions for the bars right? I can't see an inch being feasible, putting the bars out in front of the forks seems foreign to me...

search powermadd bar risers. a couple of other companies make them as well. 2" or 3" tall. they will rotate twice, once at the bottom the at the top for the bar to be in position. once you install risers you will wonder how you ever rode without them before.

Since I ride in a lot of rocks I ended up getting the GPR under the bars clamp. Raises the bars over an inch. Then I added a 1 inch additional riser from Rocky Mountain for about $20. (Universal riser worked fine.)

The powermadd setup looks like it would do exactly what you want. Up and forward. If I had to start again, I might try that. Definitely cheaper overall.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did not think of the footpeg mod, that's a good idea too.

I'm not understanding the 4 position comment? The base has 2 positions on my triple clamp. I have it set forward. The stock bars have angle marks on them and I've rotated forward as much as I am comfortable with the angle of the grips! I still want them to be about an inch further forward.

I will look into the powermadd risers, I have not found them in my searching?

In any case thanks for the input guys!

http://powermaddstore.com/pm/search.php?mode=search&page=1

If this link does not work. Then try.

http://powermadd.com/

click on catalog then type into the search 475. You can choose 2" or 3" tall. The difference with the 475 vs the 375 is 4" wide and 3" wide. The 475 fit my yz250 and wr450. With the 2" tall the cables just work. I have not tried the 3" but I believe on the blue bikes you would have to get longer cables.

I found they are a little heavy but solid. I tighten them up and they have not moved hence they are now on both bikes. The reason I like these is the fact that they are solid, no getting the bars out of being straight, and I could double position the bars. I moved mine forward and then rotated the bars to my liking. In the first two minutes of riding I noticed the extra feedback from the bike. I didn't care for it but after 10 minutes I didn't notice it. Then after a few minutes more when I could stand up straight without hurting my back I started liking them. Then after I made a few adjustments getting everything set the way I liked, I found the old wr cornered a lot better since I was able to move the bars to a position I liked which was forward and now It dives into a corner better. I highly recommend these units. Difficult to install a bar pad if you don't have cross support though.

I'm not understanding the 4 position comment? The base has 2 positions on my triple clamp. I have it set forward. The stock bars have angle marks on them and I've rotated forward as much as I am comfortable with the angle of the grips! I still want them to be about an inch further forward.

If you take the bar mounts off, you will see that they are offset, so you can flip them 180* and have the bars a little more forward or back. 4 positions...

I have 1/2" or so EE base risers installed on the triple clamps in the forward position, I also have the handlebar mounts (which hold the bars to the risers ) in the forward position. I guess technically yeah there are 4 possible positions to play with before rotating the bars. However, I still want them forward more. A riding buddy has some risers for his CR450X that are @1 1/2" higher and @ 1 1/2" forward from the stock bar location. I love the stance for standing I feel real comfy with my hands still ahead of my shoulders. And, no I'm not switching up my 3hunny for that setup.........lol.