Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody else do this?

Does anybody else ever ride their dual-sport on things you're not supposed to? Like off curbs and take short cuts in urban areas? or rural areas too? haha I dont do that all the time or even often but, when the time is right I make my move. Most of the time leaving innocent civilians with their mouth open as I rail over a parking curb and up a bank :bonk:

Im not talking about tearing up anybody's property, I just mean a harmless shortcut. I live in a small mountain town in NC

Edited by user:4

I play cops & robbers with my 5 year old, shes on her bike, im on my DS, lol, we go over curbs and stuff, some sidewalks, but we live in a townhouse, so we mainly keep it by all the garages, and off the main street, so its all good.

Gotta admit, its lots of fun.

I've often wondered if I can ignore the laws and rules of the road like a pedaler, when I see a bike ride sidewalk then street, pull up to a light between the cars, run though red lights, I think to myself-"Iwonder if I can do that on my dualsport, we both have two wheels, they're supposed to obey the laws of the road, but they get away with it, why not me?" But then I think, no, I don't want people to hate motorcycle riders as much as they do bike morons, I drive in a busy city every day, and other than there kind which is few, no body likes the pedalers,lets keep it on them. So to your question, do I ignore signs, curbs,barricades and make my own road rules...no

I have jumped curbs and rode up the grass to go around traffic jams, but I try to keep it to a minimum. Bikers already have enough of a bad name, when you do that stuff everyone just mutters "a$$holes" just like I do when I see a guy on a Gixxer pulling a wheelie on the freeway. It doesn't do much for our reputation.

That being said, it sure is fun :bonk:

I have done a few things that would have earned a ticket and will probably do more.

Just remember that you will get a ticket if the MAN see's you enjoying yourself.

Steps I love riding wheelies up long shallow concrete steps.

Again, Just to make sure everyone is clear, I don't do that all the time or even often. I don't encourage anyone to tear up anyone else's property, and I don't want to make an a$$ of myself or other riders for doing those things. Just a bit of harmless fun. More or less what I was getting at was taking advantage of the fact you ride an awesome motorcycle and you can do A-LOT of stuff that nobody else can except other DS riders :bonk:

If you can't go over a curb and up through a yard how can you get away from the police?

:-)

:bonk:

Nice videos. What your doing on the stairs is really wrong. What if you hit an old lady. Unfortunately, I can't help myself either. Stairs, loading ramps, underbridges, and exploring down by the railroad tracks are all fun.:smirk:

My main rule is not to stick around long, otherwise you'll be annoying. I can't tell you how many times I've found a jump and have received applause from bystanders. Hey, they think its fun too.

I work in the downtown area of where I live and traffic and be pretty crazy sometimes. On the DS I make short work of getting through it. It's amazing the places you can squeeze through on the DS. I try not to do anything that would make people upset but I'm sure I still do every now and then. :bonk:

Spend a week in a busy Italian city,,they do CRAZY stuff on bikes.Back allys sidewalks and every intersection is a game! Roll the dice see who survives!