Sign in to follow this  

Supercross good old days

That was great. Ricky sure didn't look to comfy with that rear end though!

Two great riders playing on two great bikes.

MD

I ride red myself but that's Mx at it's purest form! Much respect for those 2. Thanks for sharing. I just watched the one of travis, js, and carmichael as kids on the couch. It's a trip to see them like that.

wonder what the racing would be like today if everyone was still on smokers.

Awesome. That's what. Something even as simple as 'the sound' of the 4strokes 4 wheeler motor just do not get my veins pumping like a smoker. I know I'd be a better rider on one but just not interested in them at all. My Honda smoker is so darn reliable and simple, half the displacement of a 450 and powerful as all get out. Not to mention $$ and maintenance factor. My bike will make you WORK for that speed unlike a 4stroke and I dig that. If I was real serious about racing then I guess I'd have to conform though, but if you see a guy that's real fast on a 250 2t then you know he'd be lapping folks on a 450.

wonder what the racing would be like today if everyone was still on smokers.

it would be better. The noise and also, even McGrath said it, racing was much closer on the two-strokes. There was less of a huge gap in the racers.

it would be better. The noise and also, even McGrath said it, racing was much closer on the two-strokes. There was less of a huge gap in the racers.

what is he talking about , he would lap up to third place most of the time

Very cool vid. Interesting to see the 'new' Suzuki four stroke just coming out, as they are so common place now.

Like DSRT450 said, I raced two strokes for years, had my first one with my '83 YZ125, an '84 125, a ton of 250's, and even a CR500. But, they do sound funny now. Great, but funny. :bonk:

I'd like to ride one again, just to see and feel the difference.

I am really worried that 2 strokes will never ever be brought back. Surely they'll get tired of these dead beat boring thumpers and put some brap back in the mix!!!