Sign in to follow this  

Bogging 2003 yamaha yz250 2s

Good morning everyone, I have benn having problem with 2 stroke 250, about 6 months ago I stripped the bike down to the frame, got powder coated, new plastics and all that. After I put it back together, it was running good for about 5 or 6 rides and now it started to bog a lot specially when giving it gas on 2nd and 3rd gear. One thing to add, I'm not sure if it will make a difference, the carb was dry for about 1 month after cleaning it with carb cleaner. I recently took the carb apart, cleaned it again, took the gas tank out and cleaned it to make sure there is no debris. I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm trying to avoid taking it to a mech since money is an issue, but I will if I have no choice. Any ideas, suggestions on what can be causing this. Does it need to be rebuilt? Thank you all, and happy trails.

how long is each of your rides? When carb cleaning what did you do? Just cleaned the jets or pushed some compressed air through the carb? Bogging is a sign of a lean condition so how does your plug look like? You could be drawing some air through the crank oil seals.

Probably dislodged a peice of dirt from somewhere that worked its way into a jet. Try cleaning it again. Soak everything in carb cleaner, and then blow out and dry with compressed air.

Thank you for your quick response arnego.

I did some trail rides and it was fine at the beggining, then started doing that a little bit, then I started riding track more than trail, and is doing that more often. before the last ride i replaced the plug, and after about 10 laps, it started bogging and a couple of laps later the plug was soaked, replaced right there, and it only took about 5 laps before it got soaked again.I did pushed some compressed air in the carb, a couple of little specks came out, but it did not make a difference, and it is smoking more than usual. I mix it at 50:1 with 91 octane.

One more thing to add, the bike is bleading a lot more oil than usual trough the pipe leaking more than normal on the swing arm.

Am I looking at the wrong thing, or is the carb the problem.

Once again. Thank you all

take a look to tranny oil, because probably you have a crank seal burn, look your plug to see if is running on a lean condition, check your air filter and carb.

check your silencer too. these bikes seem to really plug them up. I have to clean mine all the time