Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Ti valve with stock seats?

Im in the process of doing a rebuild, the R/S intake is cupped, i originally planned on throwing delwest Ti valves and BeCu seats but the cost of the seat installation is crazy. Does anyone have experience of using a quality aftermarket Ti valve but keeping the stock seats? im not sure if it would last any longer and i dont want to bother spending the extra on good valves if they will get trashed just as quick as stock ones. Thanks for any input

Titanium is a soft material, so it all depends on the coating they put on them. Why not switch to stainless and forget about it.

Im in the process of doing a rebuild, the R/S intake is cupped, i originally planned on throwing delwest Ti valves and BeCu seats but the cost of the seat installation is crazy. Does anyone have experience of using a quality aftermarket Ti valve but keeping the stock seats? im not sure if it would last any longer and i dont want to bother spending the extra on good valves if they will get trashed just as quick as stock ones. Thanks for any input

I dont have any experience with those valve, but as long as the valve seats are re-cut I would assume you would get the same life as stock valves or longer. The BeCu seats seem to be the way to go if your running Ti valves. Ive got a full season on mine and they are holding up great. The whole job cost me about $650 with shipping and he even shimmed them for me. Crfheads.com did my head. Make sure whoever does your head looks at the exhaust valve guides and checks them for wear.

yea i understand the ideal thing to do is BeCu seats but everyone wants around 100 per just to install them. I dont want the extra mass of SS valves. Im already gonna put 4 new guides in but not sure what i want to do for intake valves/seats yet. Im not a beginner to any of this but i do all own motors but dont have the equipment to do the machine work on the heads. just trying to find out if anyone thinks that a good Ti valve would hold up any better on a stock seat then the stock valves do

Titanium valves were used for years on automotive race heads with out any coating and using soft iron seats made from gray iron .the honda seats are soft to begin with a better quality valve with a goood coating works very well on the stock seats also installing a lighter spring and retainer helps .the wiseco ti valves hold up very well on the honda stock seats.stainless intake valves work okay for an x aplication or with a spring kit that reduces mass to off set the mass of the steel valve.They will wear out the valve seat eventually in the 250 aplication the only sucess i had with steel valves in the 250s was using a harder intake seat and then your back to the cost of replacing seats.

the ti retainers will wear out use there tool steel retainers they are lighter than stock .