04 TE450 vs 02 smoker

Hello, I live in California and a green sticker is a must have for me. I debated getting a KTM 250/450 xcfw but for the years that I can find on Craigslist, 08, their too expensive.

I found this very good looking TE 450 but I am skeptical on how it will preform on the track... I'll be on track for the majority of the time while I ride but I still love hill climbs and single track riding. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/2753130972.html

On the flip side, an 02 kx, rm, etc would also be green sticker, it would be lighter.

I don't know much of anything about Huskie's but that bike is priced right I guess. If you really plan on spending most of your time on the track however; why not just get the smoker or a newer thumper? I think you should get a bike that will excel at what you plan on doing the most, and if I was on a track, I don't think I would want the added weight of the battery and steel frame. That's why I would suggest a newer 4-stroke.

that's true. the 04 TE is pretty heavy. I was thinking of getting a KTM XCFW and stripping it down a bit to resemble more of an SXf with a green sticker. Or same thing with a WR. Free up the motor and strip it down, convert it to a yzf. I heard a lot of people have done this.