Sign in to follow this  

Seriously, can anyone help me get another Z sm!

Guys, seriously for the past month I have been looking hardcore...Everyone adds an exhaust and jet kit, thinks the bikes worked and thinks it adds 2 grand...I want a drz sm...mileage idrc about, stock not stock whatever, a true supermoto...For 2500-3200 locally and its impossible. For 4 grand or better I'll buy Husky or KTM...All these people want 4500 obo for their 06's. smh...Is it like this everywhere? I paid 2 grand for my 01s and 23 for my 03 s, why is it that people think their carb is made out of 14kt gold? Sad thing is someone wants 35 for their 07, has 13 thousand miles, needs rear fender, needs back tire, and has an MRD standard/jet kit. And of course acerbis blah blah...he is convinced he is at a total loss with "All the money he has into it" Are you kidding me... / Rage lol

Edited by iitreatedii

they are hard to find in my area on craigslist too. maybe its the time of year, i dunno. but if theres more buyers then sellers it will drive the price up. perhaps also because of the time of year people arent worried about sitting on it for a while so they throw some extra $$ at the price and hope someone bites.

Call and tell them what you're willing to spend. If they'll take it, go check out the bike. Just don't commit to buying it at that price until you've checked it out.

Oh trust me, im a business major...i can make great deals, im a great salesman, i wont buy if its overpriced...the only problem her is EVERY bike i find is way overpriced and the people wont come down. I even explain you payed x for this x for that, in used its worth this blah and they still dont budge...Right now the best i got which i just found out from a friend is a local whos selling a 12 thousand mile 08 sm two owner bike for 3k...Im about to buy that. I think its a great price especially based on the fact that im going to probably buy the 50hp package from Eddie without the MRD SSW since i already have one...

Just a tip....1st find a bike that is suitable/checks out ok..If the price is too high, make them an offer at what you think it's worth, if they say no , just leave them your contact details ....

It's a bit like going fishing , you will eventually get a bite ...

Just show them you're serious about buying and serious about coming to an agreement on a good price.

As Craigo said, dont be afraid to walk, but dont burn bridges, they may call you back when they figure out that they're asking too much.

Just show them you're serious about buying and serious about coming to an agreement on a good price.

As Craigo said, dont be afraid to walk, but dont burn bridges, they may call you back when they figure out that they're asking too much.

yupp true that, i stay on a good note even if they saw im lowballing (3000 on 3800 :/) anyway i stay on good terms. I think i found the bike though. Gonna see it this weekend more pics emailed to me tonight. Im going for 2800 for an 08 black, with yosh rs3 and 12k miles...I think thats a great deal, thats where we start btw, prob gonna end up at 3k for the bike. Brand new front and rear tires and excellent condition plastics...Obv. test drive blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh etc

5T05Q15R03n53k83o5bbhe93720b1bfa61c03.jpg

how about an S model really cheap, fly n ride back to NY?

( I know a clean local bike )

Edited by ohgood
pic

I already have an 03 s model lol and that's the same way my bike was when I bought it, ah memories...anyway I couldn't even ride it back, I'm still recovering from my motorcycle accident 2 months ago...and I can get an 07 s model with tuned suspension for 2k right now...I want a true sm, but appreciate the look.ing out

Update on drz...I should be getting this 08 sm with new front and rear tires sprockets and chain along with aftermarket headlights and a few goodies, bike has 12k on it...for $2800-$3000...I said we can meet in the middle in person 28 was my "lowball" and 3000 was his all from like 3400 i believe

Update on drz...I should be getting this 08 sm with new front and rear tires sprockets and chain along with aftermarket headlights and a few goodies, bike has 12k on it...for $2800-$3000...I said we can meet in the middle in person 28 was my "lowball" and 3000 was his all from like 3400 i believe

Where is your buyer located (just thinking I might know a local guy and if I could help you out I would)?

Where is your buyer located (just thinking I might know a local guy and if I could help you out I would)?

upstate...iim leaving in about 8 hours