Sign in to follow this  

Adult shorty on a 150RB??

I'm looking for a bike to ride in my backyard with 7 acres.....so not a large area. 75% of my riding will be there and 25% on trails. My yard will be done up with small jumps and there's some small hill climbs. I'm 42 so my days of hitting something big are over. Although, I will on occasion want to climb some nice hills! This will be my 7th bike and I've done lots of riding. I've had cr 125's, a ttr 230, kx 250 and now ride a ducati monster and my nephews crf50. I love that little bike! I'm 5' 06" and weight around 165. I've never been on a 150 so I went down to the Honda dealer and they don't have them I stock to refer to. I know they're a smaller bike but think it might be a sweet little bike for the yard. I'm looking at one now with some hop ups done to the bike...don't know the specifics yet but seems to be tricked out fully.

What do you think? Can't go wrong right?

Thanks for any input

I'm 44 and just bought one to ride with my kids. Raced pit bikes for the past 5 years, but wanted something more comfortable. I really like the feel of it and cant wait to get it to the track.

• Like 1

You'll find a lot of us old guys using the 150r's to chase our kids with! I have a 150rb and think it's the perfect playbike for backyard motocross tracks.

• Like 1

I love chasing and passing bikes bikes on the vet track at Milestone. It's a blast.

I bought my girlfriend (now ex) a 150RB and have to say it was a blast to ride. Im 6ft, 200lbs+, expert woods rider. Other then some height adjustments it was plenty powerful and fast for the everyday rider. I took it out while a friend of mine was in town, he borrowed my 300, hes a decent rider and I had no problems keeping up with him. As a playbike for what your doing it might be at the top of my list. A 250xcfw would be pretty nice though!

I'm 38 and only about 5' 2". I've had my 07 150RB for 3 seasons now and have had lots of fun. I just picked up a yz250f last week and am sending off the suspension to get modded to fit me a little better. My only complaint with my 150 would be the handling due to the smaller wheels/tires compared to a full size bike. I had my suspension re-sprung and re-valved and it worked great. I ride motocross and trials, and was able to find a pretty happy medium for riding both with minimal adjustments to the clickers depending on what I was riding.

I'm going to be sad to see my 150 go, but it was time to get back on a full size bike.

if you search on here there's a few really nice woods setup crf150RB's for adults

I thought about it hard, but I think we are gonna go with a kx100/ktm105 instead

I'm 5'8" 190 and have the 150r small wheel. From what I've read the 150rb is only 1.5-2" taller then the small wheel. I love my little small wheel bike.

I, too am 5'6" and 160 pounds. Got the 150R for a trailbike in tight woods/river riding. It is a very manuverable bike; I can flat-foot it and carry it out of holes if necessary. I would recommend the RB (big wheel) if you can find one: the small wheels make deep sand a real handfull. If you ride mostly sitting down, the CRF150R/RB might be the ideal playbike. If you ride standing up a lot, you will notice the cramped ergonomics. It IS, after all, a very small motorcycle.

Edited by G31m

First post and I'll apologize up front for digging this one out of the grave.

I'm 42 and only 5'5" and 140lbs. I've been teaching my son to ride and I can't chase him around the fields on foot anymore. I haven't raced or ridden a motocross in 18 years but I ride on the road all the time. I started looking around at bikes and I swear they got bigger! I looked at a KX100 but really liked the CRF105RB so I found a great used one locally and took it out yesterday and I had a blast! It fits me way better than my 125s used to and seems to have some horse power if I can clean the carburation up some (have a slight bogging issue down low). The only thing I struggled with was the shifting; if felt like the shift lever and peg are too close together. Maybe it was just me and I'm to used to my Harley but I'll give it a few more rides before I decide to worry about it.

First post and I'll apologize up front for digging this one out of the grave.

I'm 42 and only 5'5" and 140lbs. I've been teaching my son to ride and I can't chase him around the fields on foot anymore. I haven't raced or ridden a motocross in 18 years but I ride on the road all the time. I started looking around at bikes and I swear they got bigger! I looked at a KX100 but really liked the CRF105RB so I found a great used one locally and took it out yesterday and I had a blast! It fits me way better than my 125s used to and seems to have some horse power if I can clean the carburation up some (have a slight bogging issue down low). The only thing I struggled with was the shifting; if felt like the shift lever and peg are too close together. Maybe it was just me and I'm to used to my Harley but I'll give it a few more rides before I decide to worry about it.

Buy an aftermarket YZ250 shiftter, it's cheap and longer.

Buy an aftermarket YZ250 shiftter, it's cheap and longer.

Thanks CTinCT! I'm going to ride it a few more times to make sure it isn't me. Becaue I'm not a big guy I don't have big feet (Size 7) I have to think that a lot of kids riding super mini have bigger feet so if it's not a problem for them it shouldn't be a problem for me. Like I said it might be that I'm used to my Harley. I'll give it a couple more rides. but I appreciate the tip on the YZ250 lever!