Sign in to follow this  

New owner of a 96 KX 250 !!

Got lucky and found a MINT 96 KX 250 gently used im the lucky 3rd owner :smirk: Original stock One Ind seat cover/graphics ... frame paint etc barely a scratch for a 96 :banana:

I have had a couple 125's and i LOVE the extra power of the 250 can't get enough of the power and the sweet 250 2T sound BRAAP ! :bonk:

Im runnin 14 / 49 gearing , 160 / 42 jets fatty pipe stock shorty silencer ... she's a ripper ... power wheelies in all gears no problem :busted:

I just love the fact that you dont have to ring it out like a 125 to get usable power ... im 160 lbs so there is lots more low end power than a 125 wow !

Can't wait to freshen her up over the winter !

The 250 is by far my fav bike .... prev bikes 97 kx 125 , 93 cr 125

Here are a few pics ...

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/kx125_2010/100_2775.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/kx125_2010/100_2776.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/kx125_2010/100_2770.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/kx125_2010/100_2767.jpg

Sry so many dancin bananas orig post ! Just so pumped about the bike ! Forgot to mention all new suspension , bearings , recent bottom end ... doin top end over winter she still has good compression / power but want to freshen up for piece of mind ... put on 20 hrs so far only purchases are new rear Dunlop 739 , grips , clutch cable , chain, air filter .

So nice to find a used bike so well maintained ... FINALLY :bonk:

I cant believe all this WHITE STUFF outside this morning :bonk:

The weather around here in Illinois has been GREAT this late in the year so shouldn't complain but i had planned on riding tomorrow one last time for the year !

40 and sunny tomorrow but now there is an inch of snow:foul:

Nice bike!!!!!! :bonk:

Good luck with it, I had similar graphics on my 98.

BTW - if you post the link from photobucket your pics will show up in the post.

Nice bike!!!!!! :bonk:

Good luck with it, I had similar graphics on my 98.

BTW - if you post the link from photobucket your pics will show up in the post.

Jeekinz ... thanks for the pic tip ... your 94 250 sounds great in the your rebuild thread ... what pipe and silencer you runnin ?

Jeekinz ... does your bike do the cold start high rev? when was warmer it didn't rev too high but now as temp has dropped it revs way high for 2 sec until i can adjust choke ... i was thinking about making something to keep choke only halfway open so it doesn't rev to moon !

Chokey stated cud be rich pilot but bike runs crisp and plug looks good ... im runnin 40 / 160 main here in Chicago ... dont want to go too lean on pilot in winter

Any suggestions ??

Just throttle the choke on off on off until it settles down. Every KX250 I owned did that. Right now im just running stock pipe and silencer on my 94 until something neat shows up.

Just throttle the choke on off on off until it settles down. Every KX250 I owned did that. Right now im just running stock pipe and silencer on my 94 until something neat shows up.

Thanks thats what i do now but just thought there was a better way or a "fix" ... just a pain trying to start it and quickly reach the choke before it revs to moon ... i guess good to know its " normal "

When it warms up im dropping my pilot down a size to see if Chokey is correct about too big of a pilot plus the choke circuit causing the high revs when cold start