Sign in to follow this  

KTM 300 SXS Kit Questions/options

Hi, i bought my 09 250SX with a 300SXS conversion a couple months ago and have been really happy with it so far!

However with a bit of research i have seen the make 2 slightly different kits for the SX and EXC/XC.

I believe mine has the 300EXC cylinder head on it by looking at part no's. If i fancy a power hop up i can get the 300SXS head fairly easily and switch that.

However whats confusing me is the cdi. I not 100% sure if there is a difference in these between the difference in kits, i checked the one on my bike (300 kit) and it has 300SX in green pen on the back along with pt no's 54839031100R (250SX) and 54839331200 (300EXC) on it, Doe's anybody have a 300SXS kit in which i can get a pt no to confirm if mine is an SX or EXC version? Also i have the stock 250SX one which i could fit back on the bike if you think it will give better performance if my other one turns out to be the 300EXC version?

Hope you get what im on about and can help me out! Particularly interested in the 300SXS CDI pt no!

Cheers

Just spoke to the original owner of the kit and he claims it was a genuine SX kit, perhaps it was just they use a EXC/XC cdi with the 300 kits?

Thanks guy's just wanted to clear that up!, glad it's the right cdi!, im pretty sure i read the part no's on my cylinder head and when i looked it up on the net it was the exc version. I assume the 300SX one would be higher compression, do you think it would make much difference? ktm300 what pt numbers are stamped on your head out of curiosity if not to much of a problem?

Cyl. 54830305344

Head. sxs10300051

The head looks to be the only part that's special in the kit.

Has anyone went back to a .7 slide, so you can use the OEM jetting referance ?

My jettings stock as far as I know, I'm pretty sure mines got the 300xc head, do you guys think the 300sxs one will make a big difference on the bike?

I have the 300 kit for the12' sx and the head that came with it is stamped on top "3 X", it looks to have quite a bit more squish the the stock head.

• Like 1

I have the 300 kit for the12' sx and the head that came with it is stamped on top "3 X", it looks to have quite a bit more squish the the stock head.

Thanks mate! mine has a standard 300 pt no but on 2 raised blocks it has the '3 X' on it! thanks for that mate cause i almost special ordered the head from the SXS Pt.no., i'd have been really pissed off if i'd ordered it and it was the same as what i've got!!

35179f4a.jpg

If you can confirm your pt.no looks like this you'd have saved me bout £115!!!!

:bonk::smirk::banana::busted::awww::bonk::lol::D:p