Sign in to follow this  

2011 txc 449

picked up my new 11 txc449 from the shipper and got it home , unpacking was a treat for me since it's been awhile since i bought a new bike. husqvarna has done a great job in packing thi bike and i found no damage. it was shipped from new jersey "central jersey cycles" to n. florida by , r&l trucking it took two days which i think is pretty quick. i have to say that bob up at central jersey cycles is nice to deal with and seems to know alot about these bikes. price wise i think he'll be hard to beat and he carries alot of parts as well.

anyway i got the bike unassed and started to assemble it , i went ahead and changed out the pipe to the akropovic and took the o2 sensor off as well , did the bypass mod and continued from there. when i was choosing this bike i noticed the exposed header pipe and i made a pipeguard myself that i think will work just fine. charged battery and then installed it, bob told me to expect a 1st hard start due to "whatever" but i hit the starter and it started first time no problem. man it sounds sweet and i warmed it up and took it for a spin down my road, shifting, clutch, and power are almost electric feeling.

tomarrow i am going to take it out for a real first ride so i'll report after.

so far , i'm glad to be back on a husky.

warrior

Yay! Take pictures. Then wring its neck and give us your impressions.

Yay! Take pictures. Then wring its neck and give us your impressions.

Go to the Dumonde Tech site and read about proper break in for long, reliable engine life. It does matter.

to day i put about 1 1/2 hrs on the new bike riding some trails here, at 1st i wasn't sure of the suspension but after awhile i found that you have to use the ricky carmichael technic which is when in doubt just add more power. theres alot of think sand here so power is king, and with this bike thats not a problem.

the bike seems to respond well to the rider input and after i got used to the egonomics it seemed really respond. i think you have to ride it aggressive to get the bikes potiental to come out , so i can't wait until breakin is completed so that i can go full out.

my 1st over all impression is that this bike will suit me very well and it has so much power , once i learn how it has to be ridden it's gonna be hard to get me off of it.

i want to give thanks to fred hoess for all of his input in this purchase and for getting me off that ktm 450xc and on to this bike. fred has been a friend and bike guru for many years. thanks!

warriordad

to day i put about 1 1/2 hrs on the new bike riding some trails here, at 1st i wasn't sure of the suspension but after awhile i found that you have to use the ricky carmichael technic which is when in doubt just add more power. theres alot of think sand here so power is king, and with this bike thats not a problem.

the bike seems to respond well to the rider input and after i got used to the egonomics it seemed really respond. i think you have to ride it aggressive to get the bikes potiental to come out , so i can't wait until breakin is completed so that i can go full out.

my 1st over all impression is that this bike will suit me very well and it has so much power , once i learn how it has to be ridden it's gonna be hard to get me off of it.

i want to give thanks to fred hoess for all of his input in this purchase and for getting me off that ktm 450xc and on to this bike. fred has been a friend and bike guru for many years. thanks!

warriordad

Fred's good peeps and Husqvarna is very lucky to have him back in the family. :bonk:

I have found the owner of Central Jersey Cycles to be everything a hardcore rider could want from a dealer. He is a person our sport needs.How much was shipping to you from New Jersey?

shipping was $350 and it only took two days ,bob says he will work hard getting and keeping customers, and i belive him.

Sweet. I was afraid to buy and assemble my own bike.

I just posted a question asking if all the huskys come with the akro pipe.

I just bought mine last weekend and did not get one with the bike.

its my understanding that the special pipe comes with the txc model but not the te, my txc449 came in a crate and went together fine, husqvarna has put alot of info in the thumbdrive that comes with the bike , just plug in to your laptop and there it all is. nice touch.

i don't think anyone would have a problem putting one together, you do need two people to lift it up to add front wheel.

warriordad

Sweet. I was afraid to buy and assemble my own bike.

I just posted a question asking if all the huskys come with the akro pipe.

I just bought mine last weekend and did not get one with the bike.