Sign in to follow this  

Got a steal of a deal

I ran across this on Ebay earlier this week. The seller didn't list much info about it, but for $60 I decided to take a chance. I got it today & was pleasantly surprised. It's an FMF Q2 (#042054) in like new condition ... just a few minor scratches on it. It's missing the rear support strap, so I'll have to fab up something. Looking forward to installing it this weekend. Anyone else have this one on their bike?

Anyone else have this one on their bike?

Well, you might be the only one with a 60.00 FMF Q2! :bonk: Good find...I hope it goes on well for you. Don't forget to rejet, if you don't already have an opened up exhaust on there....

I ran across this on Ebay earlier this week. The seller didn't list much info about it, but for $60 I decided to take a chance. I got it today & was pleasantly surprised. It's an FMF Q2 (#042054) in like new condition ... just a few minor scratches on it. It's missing the rear support strap, so I'll have to fab up something. Looking forward to installing it this weekend. Anyone else have this one on their bike?

I've had one on mine since 2008. Mind you, I paid much more than 60 bucks for it! To me it was definitely worth the cash. Lighter than the stock can and not much louder anywhere other than WFO. All that aside it is much more cosmetically pleasing when compared to the stocker as well.

Only issue I had was with fitment when I ditched the stock header in favour of one from Jerry at FSW. That was easily fixed by cutting the slip joint off of the original header, cutting the FSW header down and TIG welding the stock slip joint on to it.

That teamed up with an FCR carb made the KLX seem like a new machine! Definitely worth it!

:bonk: