Sign in to follow this  

Jimmy's officially gone

Well I just received my sad-sorry excuse Feb. issue of DirtRider and Jimmy Lewis is officially gone. Chris Denson is new Chief editor but after reading this VERY bad 98 page of a waste I'm pretty sure the magazine is not going to last. It sucks since it has been my #1 read for a long time (right up until this spring when the mag went downhill) but unless they do something very drastic like bring Rick Johnson back for good since his guest editorial issue was the best in a long time, they might as well give up if they continue to publish shit like this.

If you haven't read this very weak issue yet, you will totally understand my dissatisfaction once you do crack open this very minimum paged mess.

I didn't get it yet, but that doesn't surprise me a bit that it sucks!

I hope Jimmy being gone will help but I doubt it. I've subcribed for over 20 years and I will no longer subcribe after this year is up. I use to look forward to each issue and this past year I could care less! It keeps getting worse and worse!!

Bummer..havent recieved it yet,I have alway's liked Dirt Rider in the past.I have noticed the last couple issues were not up to snuff with past issues,The Ricky issue was kind of fun.I get all the dirt mag's and hate to see any of em go down hill,they all help support the sport and the industry in general.All the other mag's seem to be doing a great job and it alway's put's a smile on my face when i open the mailbox and see one in there!!Hopefully the boy's at Dirt Rider will fix the problem's and continue to put out a quality dirt mag!!

Damn, I read the title and was totally hoping you meant Jim[my]dirt...oh well... :bonk:

Opened my issue, read his piece, and read through the rest of the magazine. Kind of like de javu, ground hog day etc. I can see the writing on the wall. Maybe something will happen. But not in this issue.

Just got mine. Haven't read it yet. If it is anything like that "rides" issue it will be another POS. The RJ issue was the best in a while.

Damn, I read the title and was totally hoping you meant Jim[my]dirt...oh well... :smirk:

we can always hope lol.:bonk:

Holy crap! Just read it cover to cover....and I am no speed reader. Very quick read I was just starting to I like it a little when I turned the last page. At least it didn't waste much of my time.

I have a good collection of Magazines fom 1982 forward....Some of the best are Dirt Rider from 1991-1999 maybe 2001. The shootouts were epic! great mix of OffRoad and MX/SX. Webb, Burelson, so many great guys involved...By 2002 it got thiner and lamer by the issue..I was offered 24 issues for $9.95. No Thanks. SAD!

Always liked Jimmy Lewis, coming from an offroad back ground I could relate to him more than the testers with mx only in their resume.

The company that publishes Dirt Rider had the best car magazine published in America eight years ago. The management crapped on the editors every day until they all found better things to do (some of them are having fun writing stuff over at MotoIQ.com on the side of their day jobs, others work at InsideLine.com), then brought in a bunch of B-stringers whose best ideas were to imitate the guys who had gone, rather than to beat them by being smarter, funnier and all-around better. The title died a year or two ago. It can happen. Sure sucks when it does, though.

Sad sad sad.....it doesn't resemble much of a magazine that is for sure. I can't knock Jimmy though since one of his articles convinced me to start racing again.

Haven't been keeping up with the magazines lately, but why is Jimmy Lewis no longer with them?

The company that publishes Dirt Rider had the best car magazine published in America eight years ago. The management crapped on the editors every day until they all found better things to do

Sport Compact Car?

I let all my motorcycle and gun magazine subs lapse about 2 yrs ago. They mostly just made me want new stuff!

I thought the "Rides" reactions were pretty funny, especially the last one. "This was the worst issue ever, you should refund everyone's money." They said most people were pretty positive but I remember it being quite the opposite for most people on Thumper Talk. This issue was sort of bland, not a whole lot I was interested in.

Related note: Anyone else a little annoyed by the full 10 page O'neal catalog in the last MXA? :bonk: