Sign in to follow this  

Help please!! 2004 Bike crapped out after a lowside

Hi All,

I'm perplexed. Last weekend after riding on the mx track for 2 hours, I took a quick little easy trail before calling it a day. I lowsided on a sharp turn as wheels lost traction and bike slid out from under me. Bike ended up with wheels higher than seat, upside down with engine revving. After 10 seconds of scrambling to get back up to the bike, I cut the engine. I proceeded to push start it and made it back to my truck. In the parking lot, it started dumping oil out from the hose in the airbox. Probably spilled at least 100/200mls of oil. When i got back home, I noticed more oil was deposited on the bed of my truck. Yesterday, I cleaned out the airbox, cleaned the filter (bottom 1/4 was soaked in oil) and put in a clean, oiled filter.

I then attempted to start it to no avail. I kicked probably 20 times. This has never happened to me before. I then attempted to push start it in 2nd gear down my street. It started briefly and then died and the rear wheel locked up.

Tried one more time and this time, no brief ignition, just rear wheel lockup.

I can cycle the kickstarter but it still doesn't start.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Paul

Edited by paull1293
error

Sorry to hear.

I also have the 2004 model. Maybe engine oil may have gone through air filter into carb and into combustion chamber. I would pull tank off and remove sparkplug check for oil covered plug!

Also check engine oil amount in crankcase. Make sure there is the correct amount of oil before running the engine to much.

Clean the oil off of sparkplug. You may have to clean oil out of carb if there is a lot of oil in carb.

just my two cents!

Hope you get it running soon!

Eric

Prolly haven't a hard time because the air filter is clogged with motor oil. I would clean the filter and change the spark plug if it looks dirty.

Thanks all. I didn't mention that I did refill the oil in the engine after cleaning the filter. I will check the sparkplug today and pull the carb. Hopefully that'll do the trick. I'm jonesin to go ridin again.

wasn't able to get to bike over weekend. Will get to it shortly. I'll keep you informed after I check plug. oil was topped up, filter cleaned and oiled. Thanks all.