Sign in to follow this  

'08 yz250f - frozen/stuck rebound clicker need help

Looking for a little insight if anybody can help. My suspension was last serviced a year ago by PC. I have not had any issues up to this point. Before riding at the track this morning I made clicker adjustments on my forks (2 clicks out) to soften the rebound. No problems whatsoever. After a few laps I attempted to modify the setting again but the rebound clicker in the left fork leg is now frozen? I could get it to turn about three clicks in and out before it froze again. At this point it will not rotate in either direction and I'm applying decent force. Before I strip the external screw or mess something up internally I'd like to see if anybody can guide me in a quick fix? I believe it's 16 clicks out right now if that makes any difference. There were no crashes today, just normal usage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by nrg

That doesn't turn anything internally like the Showa's do, it simply pushes the rebound rod deeper into the fork. I'd remove the rebound adjuster and try to free it up by making sure it is cleaned and then lubricated from the inside and the outside.

Ok. So I have to empty the outer chamber of oil in order to remove the damper cap on the bottom of the fork correct? The sticker with fork settings from PC says 285 for oil level, would that be the outer chamber or the inner? I'm assuming it's the outer chamber would contain more oil so the 285 correlates with that number. When the screw got stuck I tapped it with a hammer to see if it would loosen up. Could that have pushed the dampening rod up into the fork and done any internal damage? I'm assuming the clicker has threads to move the rod up and down like you say which would have prevented that?