Sign in to follow this  

Motocross best race you have ever been too

been searchin youtube for old races and 2 stroke videos and got me think what was the best race i have ever been too. iv been to some pretty notable races to JS7 landing on RC to laroccos last win at indy but the funnest race iv been to had to be unadilla 2003. doesnt come out on video but kdub and ricky were absolutely flying! especially that second moto.

no vids handy... but for me it would have been the '87 MXdN at 'Dilla... still remember it like yesterday.

The last 500cc race in Washougal in 1993.... Mike LaRocco won. It was the best because it was an end of an era. I miss those old big bore smokers grunt'n around the track. I have it on an old video take somewhere.

Edited by MXOldtimer

Pala 2010 when Canard started the day out down on the points and came out with the Championship after Pourcells crash.. That was a good day.

Not a MX or SX race but one heck of a gathering of like minded folks and variety of riding styles and abilities. Stumpjumber 100. Held in Odessa Washington. It's a bucket list item for sure.

Marty Moates winning the 1980 USGP at Carlsbad,the Johnson, Bailey Anaheim SX in 1986,and two guys you probably never heard of at a local race at Carlsbad Raceway Randy Hess and Steve Bartley who absolutely went at it every corner for two motos one fine day.

Never been to a MX race but the ATL SX from this past year (2011) and the ATL SX from 05 I think it was (where RC crashed, and came from behind and passed CR for the win) top the list for me.

2007 mxdn at Budd's Creek Maryland , Villipoto's performance will live in infamy , he laid waste to everyone that day , both moto's 1-1 ,RC included , though RC crashed in his only moto with RV & come from last to 2nd Poto was so far ahead of him he had to lap into the top 5 , that was something to witness , actually to be there rooting for the Yank's with a large herd of foreigners around us it put goose bumps on my arms , that dude was wfo from his holeshot to taking the checker I'll never forget that slaughter , the Euro's & S.Americans standing around us that day were in awe , they didn't expect such a a$$ whuppin from RV , from RC yes which he went 1-2 in his moto's . awesome day .

Most recent was RedBud 2010. RD, CR & BT battled hard the whole Moto then Townley fell within reach of the win

Another was back in the day at the Pontiac Silverdome when Bradshaw, Chicken and Stanton had a good race. I cant remember the year...1992?... But Stanton won

RC's last race at Red Bud. He and Bubba mixed it up for a bit then Ricky pulled away and threw the biggest, upside down and sideways whip over Laracco's leap on the last lap. It was insane.

2006 Washougal with RC and Stewart bumping each other off the track without getting nasty about it. Good hard racing and then mutual respect afterwards...good time. I lived just 7 minutes from the track back then and would walk to and from the races with my son....ahhh the good old days. :smirk:

Oh yeh, some guy named Reed wwaaaaayyyyy back in 3rd somewhere :bonk:

I was at Steel City to see Travis Pastrana win the 2000 125cc National championship in the second moto. he rode a wheelie around the fence giving everyone hi 5's after the win

2006 Washougal with RC and Stewart bumping each other off the track without getting nasty about it. Good hard racing and then mutual respect afterwards...good time. I lived just 7 minutes from the track back then and would walk to and from the races with my son....ahhh the good old days. :smirk:

Oh yeh, some guy named Reed wwaaaaayyyyy back in 3rd somewhere :bonk:

I remember watching that race on tv. They were on it

I'd have to say the '91 San Jose supercross. Cooper and Chicken were dicing, and Cooper almost got his first (and only) supercross victory. The crowd was going nuts. Chicken ended up taking him out, and Dubach won.

The cool thing to watch at that race was Bradshaw coming through the pack. He got stuck in the gate, and was literally the entire start straight behind, in last place, when he got going. He jumped the finish line jump a half bike or so back from Dubach, and almost won from last to first.

I'd seen McGrath do that at 125 supercross races, but had never seen anyone in the big class do it. It was amazing, to say the least.

I think it was 97, it was Gatorback the first race with Doug Henry On the Yamaha 400 4 stroke.

He pulled top three starts against Emig and Mcgrath in both moto's that thumper sounded awsome out in front of all the 250 2 strokes.

The crowd was going nuts.

That race changed motocross

Edited by cummins1320