Sign in to follow this  

TT90 to CRF100

My son is riding a Yamaha TT90 and I am thinking about getting him a Honda CRF100. He is getting too tall for the TT90. He is just turning 8 so I am not looking for too much more power. He rides around the yard and we take him to the track once in awhile. I want a 4 stroke because he rides around the house in a neighborhood. Is the CRF a good choice for a taller seat height or is there a 4 stroke that I am missing? I would like to get him the CRF 150R but I think that is going to be too tall. Thanks.

My 9 year old has a TTR110 and I just got him a CRF80. He is still pretty short and not sure if he will grow like his brother did. There is no way a CRF100 would of worked, its way too tall for him. I wanted to get the KLX110L but not seeing too many of them for used.

I would have your son sit on the bike and see how it fits him.

I have also been able to sell the bikes a year or two later for what I paid for it or maybe $100 less. So I dont mind going thru bikes every year or two until they get that big bike.

crf 80 might be a better choice for an 8yr old.even then he will likely need an eaisier clutch pull(moose makes one).