Sign in to follow this  

Air filter

I'm using the stock screen on my 06 with a moose filter. The filter seems too big, but the parts guys said the 450 filter is the same which is what they gave me???? Anyways what is the best replacement out there. I tried several Honda filters and the damn rubber was already coming apart, so waste of $45.

Anyone using Twin Air Power Flo kit? Now I see they have one with a sealing ring for $100 more, which worries me about whether or not it's solid or not......

I have a uni n my bike now bc it came with it and its new. It works fine. I ordered a twin air bc I've always used those and likem. I wouldn't waist your $ on the power flow kit (IMO) Just cut ur screen out and put a twin air filter in and youve got the same thing. Rick ramsey says removing the screen doesn't show any gains on the dyno, so its pointless, it keeps your filter from catching fire as well(possibly). that's just my opinion!!:bonk:

I have used both Uni and Twin air for my X, I prefer the Uni. I like the way the Uni fits and it has the extra foam ring (like the stock one) at the sealing surface.

My stock filter fell apart the first time I washed it.

Exactly. As much as others praise the stock. I think they are crap. The glue they use to hold it together sucks!

K&N also makes one its expensive but its rated for 1,000,000 miles like the truck ones.

I'm using UNI with no screen. Stock screen is heavy and dense IMO.

Did you just cut the screen out? I'm probably gonna do it just so I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing my bike is breathing as good as possible:smirk:

Didn't have to. On the 09' you just remove it. It is a big double mesh basket. It just pops out of the stock filter.

379025_343165672367439_100000220273706_1577521_1762507284_n.jpg

Edited by Diamond DG

O god everyone step back goons got the bloody jigsaw out again,f.ck it run for your lives:smirk:

O god everyone step back goons got the bloody jigsaw out again,f.ck it run for your lives:smirk:

Give us your address. We will send new blades. :bonk:

There should just be little metal tabs that are bent over holding the screen in place. Bend those tabs up and the screen just comes out in one piece. For the love of god don't start cutting that mesh. Its really easy for the cut ends to unravel a little and send little pieces of metal through your intake tract. In my experience, valves and cylinder walls seem to dislike little pieces of metal going through them.:bonk:

I run the Loud Mouth system. It is a nice upgrade from stock. Much better sealing. And the filter is long and narrow, it fits into the airbox and seals with a hose clamp onto the kits sealing surface. Really the others do not compare this one seals best and lets you get the filter in and out easier.

I run the Loud Mouth system. It is a nice upgrade from stock. Much better sealing. And the filter is long and narrow, it fits into the airbox and seals with a hose clamp onto the kits sealing surface. Really the others do not compare this one seals best and lets you get the filter in and out easier.

Got a link to the product?

Got a link to the product?

Never mind, used google...

Nice product, kinda pricey, and not a necessity. I would still like to have it, it is really far down the list.

for the rest of you...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.loudmouthmx.com%2F&ei=GkzyTqOSOM-utwf7kZTQBg&usg=AFQjCNEdPoX24-p0w8hLodNeCmAL-hJpcQ

I like the fit most. So easy to change filters and keep the intake clean.

I might have noticed a tiny gain,, nothing much to talk about.