Sign in to follow this  

APE valves/springs

I have recently seen these valves and springs offered by a company called big bore thumpers. I want to know if anyone had used these kits on their drz. And how well did they perform

so APE has a strong reputation ?

YES, absolutely, a trusted supplier of quality parts, and customer service. I have no personal interactive with mechanical services offered. And Big Bore thumpers is a relatively new off shoot of other products they have marketed for years. So my experience is with limited items in the selection available, I have no reason to believe the quality and service I have seen does not extend to everything else they sell.

IOW, It is a company I’d be willing to buy from on a product Id not previously tested, or seen tested by another trusted agent.

thats great ... they have some products i am very interested in , their products are well priced

Same here, head for my CRF will be from them when time comes.

They look like pretty good pieces. I've used APE springs in the past with out any issues. I'm getting ready to try a set in the new head I'm doing for my big motor drz. I measured the spring pressure against a used set of stock springs and here's what I got. At 1.200 in. stock 42 lbs. APE 64 lbs. At .800 stock was 112 and APE 158 lbs. Seems a little stiffer than they need to be but the valves ain't gonna float.

They look like pretty good pieces. I've used APE springs in the past with out any issues. I'm getting ready to try a set in the new head I'm doing for my big motor drz. I measured the spring pressure against a used set of stock springs and here's what I got. At 1.200 in. stock 42 lbs. APE 64 lbs. At .800 stock was 112 and APE 158 lbs. Seems a little stiffer than they need to be but the valves ain't gonna float.

Thanks for that feedback...:bonk:

Mmmmm..Would be interesting what NEW oem springs measure up as...

So are you putting the APE springs in a stroker with +1mm valves?

Thanks for that feedback...:bonk:

Mmmmm..Would be interesting what NEW oem springs measure up as...

So are you putting the APE springs in a stroker with +1mm valves?

Yep, The old head had 1mm over in. only, New one has 1mm over Ferreas on both sides. If we have a new set of stock springs in stock, I'll test them and post the results.