Sign in to follow this  

Looking for instructional trials videos.

Is there any good technique videos to get started in trials ?

I started learning biketrials (that is, trials without an engine) a year ago and without a dvd called "Mastering the Arts of Trials" by Ryan Leech I'd still be trying to backhop.. it helped me a bunch since I'm learning alone.

Now I don't have a dirt bike anymore but Im seriosly considering a trials bike.. but again I would be on my own and a proper instructional vid is *mandatory*.

+1 on the Ryan Young vids. Love 'em.

Though it's hard to learn proper technique and position from a vid. Much better/faster to have an experienced person observe you and provide guidance/advice, as I found at the Trials Training Center in TN last weekend.

Get the RYP vids for sure, but a trip to the TTC, if you can swing it, will do wonders for your riding, IMO.

:bonk:

Hehe I live in Chile andrzej so that would be a little cost prohibitive, thanks still.

I agree riding with more skilled guys is key... but the sport is just non-existant here ! I'm hoping the bicycle will help me some.. balance is balance anyway and I can trackstand and follow skinnies moderately good on the bicycle.

Thanks for your responses.

Hehe I live in Chile andrzej so that would be a little cost prohibitive, thanks still.

Then you'll just have to come up and spend a couple of weeks at the TTC, to make it worth the while. :bonk:

I agree riding with more skilled guys is key... but the sport is just non-existant here ! I'm hoping the bicycle will help me some.. balance is balance anyway and I can trackstand and follow skinnies moderately good on the bicycle.

True enough. You might want to try to hang out on Trials Central as well, if you aren't already there. You might find some more local riders to ride/practice with.

I envy you, Francisco...you must be heading into your summer season, whereas up here (north of Toronto in Canada) everything is white and covered with snow now. Going to be a long winter....static balance and hopping practice in the garage only for too many months.

:smirk:

Trials Riders can be almost invisible to the public. Quite often there are some near you that you don't even know about.. Doing a search, I see at least ONE Trials Bike in Chile, but maybe they were just visiting for the record attempt:

http://www.motorecord.com/?cat=1

A semi-Trials Event video somewhere in Chile:

At least one rider was on a Trials Bike :bonk:

But that is all I could find... but a lot more on Trials Bicycles in Chile