Sign in to follow this  

Is The 11/12 RMZ The Best Bike You've Ever Ridden?

For me the answer is emphatically, YES!

How is it this bike has the best brakes, engine and handling, yet most have no idea how good these bikes are? Is it perception?

Other than some tweaks to suspension (BTW: RG3 has this bike dialed), I have never run a bike completely stock with such good results. I have found the RMZ to be the most stable bike I've ever ridden, the most predictable, the best turning, and a complete package out of the gate (just need to make sure the suspension balance is set).

And I've been on the latest generate Honda and KTM's, but this bike has been the best experience so far.

In short, there's a works-level magic to this bike that I've never experienced before and it's been pure joy thus far.

Are you guys feeling the "magic" as well?

• Like 1

Definitely. I owned 05,06 crf450,ridden ktm 350sxf,2010 crf450,10/11 kx450f,2010yz450,450sxf,450xc and husaberg 390 and 450 FE. The RMZ is the best 450 I have ever ridden. I wouldn't even consider another 450. The RMZ gets very little recognition and I have no idea why. I love the bike so much that I rarely even ride my 08 ktm 300sx. That says alot of the bike for me. My 300 I have dialed-ohlins TTX suspension,sxs 300 kit and a whole bunch of stuff. I am faster on the RMZ everywhere excep technical rocky/enduro stuff,but the RMZ is setup for MX,which is what I ride the bike on. As long as suzuki keeps the feel of the current design-I will be on yellow forever-RMZ is that good!

Its just a shame its so heavy....

I used to share this thought until I got on one for the first time. I don't know how they hide the weight but it absolutely does not feel heavy when riding. And just to add, it's right there with the other 450's, exception being Honda.

Infact, I find it to be more flickable than any bike in the past so Suzuki really has done their homework here.

the other thing about recognition, Suzuki used to be quite cheap and easy to get ahold off....now they have drastically cut production, so they are harder to find and can cost top dollar.

suzuki make a great bike, but they have a lot of problems within their entire businesses.

I don't know if anyone's noticed,but the fork guards must be 10lbs apiece. They are so heavy!...I'm certain you can shave weight here if they are any lighter aftermarket guards available?

I'm loving my 2012 as well, once you get the susupension done. Starting is a bitch compared to my 2010 YZ thou. It takes 3-4 kicks, stalls, fires, stalls, fires, then it's ok. :bonk: It corners better then any Yamaha or Honda 450 and feels faster too. Anyone find a fix to the starting issue?

I'm loving my 2012 as well, once you get the susupension done. Starting is a bitch compared to my 2010 YZ thou. It takes 3-4 kicks, stalls, fires, stalls, fires, then it's ok. :bonk: It corners better then any Yamaha or Honda 450 and feels faster too. Anyone find a fix to the starting issue?

Sorry to hear. Mine has been starting second kick hot or cold. It may be your technique or something else entirely. Need to get the piston to TDC. I've found it to be very easy starting.

For me the answer is emphatically, YES!

How is it this bike has the best brakes, engine and handling, yet most have no idea how good these bikes are? Is it perception?

Other than some tweaks to suspension (BTW: RG3 has this bike dialed), I have never run a bike completely stock with such good results. I have found the RMZ to be the most stable bike I've ever ridden, the most predictable, the best turning, and a complete package out of the gate (just need to make sure the suspension balance is set).

And I've been on the latest generate Honda and KTM's, but this bike has been the best experience so far.

In short, there's a works-level magic to this bike that I've never experienced before and it's been pure joy thus far.

Are you guys feeling the "magic" as well?

I will give you the handling, maybe the engine but the brakes, I dont think so, that nod goes to KTM.

Yes, I think its a huge perception when it comes to Suzuki!

I will give you the handling, maybe the engine but the brakes, I dont think so, that nod goes to KTM.

I'll have to disagree with you. The perception may be the KTM has the best brakes, but without question, my RMZ is better in this category....And I've had 3 of the current gen KTM's ~...absolutely no question, the RMZ is better.

I guess the argument could be made that KTM's are more powerful - but that doesn't mean they are better. The RMZ modulates so well and have such a good feel, I was astounded the first time I got on one, especially after coming of KTM's which I assumed had the best brakes.

Again, the brakes ARE better than KTM and by a good margin in terms of feel and modularity. Sorry, but it's true and I'm really anal about brakes.

I'll have to disagree with you. The perception may be the KTM has the best brakes, but without question, my RMZ is better in this category....And I've had 3 of the current gen KTM's ~...absolutely no question, the RMZ is better.

I guess the argument could be made that KTM's are more powerful - but that doesn't mean they are better. The RMZ modulates so well and have such a good feel, I was astounded the first time I got on one, especially after coming of KTM's which I assumed had the best brakes.

Again, the brakes ARE better than KTM and by a good margin in terms of feel and modularity. Sorry, but it's true and I'm really anal about brakes.

I like guys like you! I looked at a few other posts of yours and volla, your on KTMs d**k one minute and now, because your on a Suzuki, your on theirs. Opinions can hold way way more weight when your unbiased towards a certain color of motorcycle. Of course your going to like a Suzuki when you own one!

Hey man, each to their own but I bet if you bought Honda next week you would be saying the Honda was the best bike.

I like guys like you! I looked at a few other posts of yours and volla, your on KTMs d**k one minute and now, because your on a Suzuki, your on theirs. Opinions can hold way way more weight when your unbiased towards a certain color of motorcycle. Of course your going to like a Suzuki when you own one!

Hey man, each to their own but I bet if you bought Honda next week you would be saying the Honda was the best bike.

Hmmm...I'd have to say that your comments are baseless and frankly emit utter nonsense. Are you going to tell me next the bike really isn't that good either?...:bonk:

In short, I suppose you'd have a valid argument if I never had any point of comparison, but since you missed the comment that I have owned every color, other than green, you are in a sense, arguing with yourself. Good luck with that. I'm staying here and completely stand by my claims. I think I've done my fair share of product testing to form an opinion with merit and I'd venture to guess you'd find few more than share this opinion. But I suggest not coming over here to justify your purchase. If you are happy, that's all that matters in the end. If that's not good enough, please try pissing in someone else's Cherio's.

Sometimes the truth offends others.

Cheers.

Hmmm...I'd have to say that your comments are baseless and frankly emit utter nonsense. Are you going to tell me next the bike really isn't that good either?...:bonk:

In short, I suppose you'd have a valid argument if I never had any point of comparison, but since you missed the comment that I have owned every color, other than green, you are in a sense, arguing with yourself. Good luck with that. I'm staying here and completely stand by my claims. I think I've done my fair share of product testing to form an opinion with merit and I'd venture to guess you'd find few more than share this opinion. But I suggest not coming over here to justify your purchase. If you are happy, that's all that matters in the end. If that's not good enough, please try pissing in someone else's Cherio's.

Sometimes the truth offends others.

Cheers.

Didnt you say the 400sxf is the bike you were looking for?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002971&highlight=

The argument might be worthless, but it just needs to be noted. Your liking your Suzuki because you riding it. I love my 125 when I ride it, then I get back on my 250 and I love that too......

I dont need to justify any purchase, I bought what suits me and what was needed to get the job done! The 250xc was the right bike for the job. It does have its faults, I will openly admit it to anyone.

Didnt you say the 400sxf is the bike you were looking for?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002971&highlight=

The argument might be worthless, but it just needs to be noted. Your liking your Suzuki because you riding it. I love my 125 when I ride it, then I get back on my 250 and I love that too......

You are too funny.

Maybe this will help...That thread was started 08-05-2011, 05:31 PM...BTW: A nice and helpful writeup would you agree? Helpful is the word I'd like to highlight here. I enjoy testing and sharing feedback.

The last I looked this is 12-17-2011....I've owned many bikes in the last two years and have tested a lot of products along the way. See where this is going yet?

BTW: Try an RMZ and you may be able to form your own opinion rather than trying unsuccessfully to raise an argument. And BTW: The 08 CRF was a great bike, whereas the 09 CRF was a handful to be nice.

Have a merry christmas regardless. .

Edited by rickk

You are too funny. I suppose you now feel that you just showed me up?

Wasn't my intention, I was drawing to a point!

Maybe this will help...That thread was started 08-05-2011, 05:31 PM...BTW: A nice and helpful writeup would you agree? Helpful is the word I'd like to highlight here. I enjoy testing and sharing feedback.

Yes it was a nice write up, very helpful for those in need.

The last I looked this is 12-17-2011....I've owned many bikes in the last two years and have tested a lot of products along the way. See where this is going yet?

Yes, the thread was started 4 months ago, not 2 years.

BTW: Try an RMZ and you may be able to form your own opinion rather than trying unsuccessfully to raise an argument. And BTW: The 08 CRF was a great bike, whereas the 09 CRF was a handful to be nice.

I did try a RMZ, it was quite a wonderful bike. It was a 2011. My only real complaints were it was heavy when I had to pull it out of a mudhole (though any 450 would have been heavy) and it was a little tempermental when starting. The reason I didnt buy one was because the dealer wasnt giving the number I was looking for.

Have a merry christmas regardless. .

You also have a merry christmas and to add, a happy new year!

Wasn't the title of this post "Is The 11/12 RMZ The Best Bike You've Ever Ridden?"

:bonk:

2011-ryan-dungey-atlanta-supercross.jpg

Edited by rickk

I have to agree with rickk.. The brakes are better on th rmz and we both have 2011 ktm and suzuki.