Sign in to follow this  

Washington Riding near Ocean Shores

Anyone know of any riding at all out near the Ocean Shores area? May be stuck out there for the new year weekend....might die if I can't ride...:bonk:

Anyone know of any riding at all out near the Ocean Shores area? May be stuck out there for the new year weekend....might die if I can't ride...:bonk:

I grew up out that way. Capitol Forest is the closest(closed). You can try the Quinault Indian Reservation(not recommended if you are white). Sorry dude, You're kinda SOL. If your bike is plated, there's lots to ride and see.

Hi Forrest! I just realized this is your post. Sorry man, nowhere I know of to ride. I grew up just north of Ocean Shores, in the Quinault Valley. You may have to enjoy your weekend, bikeless.

Been many years ago but west fork humptulips and petes creek used be a good ride on that side, I'd check with the ranger station first.

Been many years ago but west fork humptulips and petes creek used be a good ride on that side, I'd check with the ranger station first.

Gotta have a plated bike for those(regular patrols). If plated, very good. Be careful, some of the swampier stuff may require a flotation devise.

I was afraid that was going to be the answer... bike isn't plated so looks like I will probably have to leave the fam and make a drive somewhere... thanks for all the replys!

might hit the nearest bike shop and see if you can get hooked up with some locals? had some great snowmobile rides that way.

To bad Open Sores (ocean shores) isn't close to Washougal, then you could race :smirk:

What's the deal with that area anyway? 100's of square miles of logged forest. Nobody out there doing anything. Why would anybody care if there were trails? OR, is it just so far out of the way that nobody ever built any? How'd the trail nazi's get a hold of all that?

AFAIK the West Fork and Pete's Creek are closed to ORVs. Pete's Creek runs into the Col Bob Wilderness and the West Fork runs into roads that are closed to all motorized use starting Oct 1st. I havent hit the trail past Campbell tree grove but hear there is LOTS of blowdown on the hill. Its more than likely snowed out this time of year anyways.

You could rent a scooter and ride on the beach. :bonk:

or rent the poor horses that knows when to turn around and come back no matter how hard you kick and pull on him....

AFAIK the West Fork and Pete's Creek are closed to ORVs. Pete's Creek runs into the Col Bob Wilderness and the West Fork runs into roads that are closed to all motorized use starting Oct 1st. I havent hit the trail past Campbell tree grove but hear there is LOTS of blowdown on the hill. Its more than likely snowed out this time of year anyways.

You could rent a scooter and ride on the beach. :bonk:

Speaking of "rent a scooter and ride on the beach", I have always wondered if you can ride on the beach there? They let cars out there and scooters, its not a road...if the beach wasn't crowded seems like it would be okay. Anyone tried?

It's a state Highway..... You can certainly dual sport on it and back in the day the Dunes were pretty much open for anything but no more:banghead:

or rent the poor horses that knows when to turn around and come back no matter how hard you kick and pull on him....

hahahahahha still laughing lol

What's the deal with that area anyway? 100's of square miles of logged forest. Nobody out there doing anything. Why would anybody care if there were trails? OR, is it just so far out of the way that nobody ever built any? How'd the trail nazi's get a hold of all that?

I have often wondered about that. I bet there are some sweet (but technically illegal) user built ninja trails out there that the locals know about but keep under wraps so it doesn't pop up on the radar. I don't blame them either.

I have often wondered about that. I bet there are some sweet (but technically illegal) user built ninja trails out there that the locals know about but keep under wraps so it doesn't pop up on the radar. I don't blame them either.

I bet there is. I'm amazed at the trails right under my nose that I never knew were there until I rode with the right people.

Anything cookin' at Straddleline? That's not that far from the OC....er, Ocean Shores.

Speaking of "rent a scooter and ride on the beach", I have always wondered if you can ride on the beach there? They let cars out there and scooters, its not a road...if the beach wasn't crowded seems like it would be okay. Anyone tried?

I'vwe zipped my KLR 650 down there for some time. Its legal betwen Ocean Shores and that small town north, then its closed till you get up to pacific where you can ride on the beach again. I just hit the car wash when done so I didnt get any corrosion on my bike.

Capitol Forest is probably closest, like already mentioned, but the trails are closed(Like already mentioned). Forest Service Roads are still open to motorized use though. EI: gravel and dirt roads. I know, boring! But if you are just itching to throw a leg over your bike and do some exploring to check out the scenery and such, it's an option.

It's amazing that even though the trails are closed, I continue to see lots of muddy bikes and quads out there on a daily basis. (I live a few minutes from the Rock Candy Trailhead.)