Sign in to follow this  

Neck brace wearers

Hi, for those of you that wear an Alpinestars bionic neck brace i have a question for ya. Ok, i wear one of these braces too but what under jersey body armour do you guys wear that is compatible with this neck brace?? I'm looking to get armour for x-mas but i've heard that there's only the Alpinestars bionic 2 bns protection jacket that'll fit with it. Is this true because it's pretty expensive and so i wanted to check on here to see if there are cheaper/different brand options that can be worn with the Astars neck support. Also, it's a full body suit i want, not just a chest guard. All replies much appreciated, thanks. :bonk:

It works with roost guards no problem.

My suggestion is to grab the brace and take it to your local shop that sells roost guards and find one that you like.

Soft (under jersey) chest protectors aren't worth the money, I've found out the hard way. Those big/thick plastic roost guards, they take the impact MUCH better and disperse it before it even reaches your body. Yep, they kinda look funny and none of the pro's would be caught wearing them, but I think they're a very good way of protecting yourself from the bike landing on you, which is pretty much the only thing you gotta protect against besides rocks flying at you.

Agreed, I wore the under roost protector from a-stars and I slid out in a corner and got ran over by someone and it completely destroyed it and ever since I have been wearing the big bulky plastic ones that no one likes to wear. I might not look cool but it will definitely save me next time. I am currently using the fox airframe chest protector and it works great with this brace.

I know that Alpinestars makes a outer chest protecter designed to fit with the bionic neck brace. It looks pretty sick but I don't have the money to spend right now. I don't use any armor.