in the spirit of kawasaki

got a rod knock in my daily/dirt bike hauler nissan pickup. so i am rebuilding the engine. decided to do a kawi theme since it always hauls kawis. just thought some of you might like this although its not really bike related.

PC170051.jpg

ill have more pics when im done

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well i removed the rod knock

P1150044.jpg

this is the original engine and is in pretty bad shape, has stuck rings, all the bearing are absolutely toast. my wife is hard on vehicles, this was here first car, and she put a hard 120k with no maintenance before i took "ownership" of it. has 172k total. the green block is a donor engine that came with a recently ground 0.020" under crank that i am mixing and matching parts with.

P1150045.jpg

the crank is unusable, needs to be ground at least 0.010 under

P1150046.jpg

valve cover

P1220050.jpg

donor crank needed a speedy sleeve

P1250056.jpg

P1270061.jpg

i hate 4 strokes

P1290064.jpg

P1290065.jpg

P1290066.jpg

P1290067.jpg

i have to bolt the oil pan on, the manifolds and some more brackets, then its back in

Edited by hi_im_sean

looking good.

where's the Metro?

oh thats a long story, but the gist of it was that i was borrowing it from my dad while i was building my s15. he never got the tittle from a guy he got it from, my dad traded some car repairs for it. we put a head gasket and all kinds of stuff into it and he claims we stole it a year later. i beat the shit out of that car. i had a POS craigslist cherokee for a while after that, then i got my 07 jetta and just recently picked up an s10 SS as a backup vehicle. when my s15 is done ill have 3 dam trucks lol (2 of which will have been rebuilt by me) and a jetta. my moms needs a car, so she will probably drive the nissan when im done with it.

Your project looks cool and fun. Speedy sleeves are your friend and separates the real mechanics from the parts changers!

I see a lot of orange scattered about, a frequent flier at harbor freight huh?

i only get select items at harbor freight for obvious reasons, but yes a lot of my bigger tools come from there. speedy sleeves are awesome! a little pricey though

its liquid cooled, the paint isnt going to make a difference in heat

i went a little to far with the file and all my gaps are about 0.003-8" too big. so were good. lol he was kidding, but thanks for lookin out.

jeekinz i dont think i could do a metro anymore, i just like to have power, let alone safe power. my s10 SS is a blast, its so torqy it never down shift going up the mountains to go ride or to pass. but it gets half the milage i was getting in my 3cyl hatch

Edited by hi_im_sean

jeekinz i dont think i could do a metro anymore, i just like to have power, let alone safe power. my s10 SS is a blast, its so torqy it never down shift going up the mountains to go ride or to pass. but it gets half the milage i was getting in my 3cyl hatch

3 cyl? Dude, I got the 1.4l big blocks in mine. ? You get a shot of turbo if you turn off the a/c.

Nice project though. When I get a house with a garage I want some sort of car project. I miss that stuff.