Sign in to follow this  

FMF power bomb

Same size as stock header at the muffler, you can use the powerbomb with the stock muffler if you wanted.

Are you sure about this?? I have a powerbomb from Procycle ready to go on my bike and it is a lightweight stainless pipe about 1/4 inch larger in diameter then stock. I was getting ready to adapt it to my lazer muffle which fits the stock pipe. I will measure this and post results but not for a few days since we are celebrating Christmas tomorrow with one group so I don't get to go to the shop to check.

Are you sure about this?? I have a powerbomb from Procycle ready to go on my bike and it is a lightweight stainless pipe about 1/4 inch larger in diameter then stock. I was getting ready to adapt it to my lazer muffle which fits the stock pipe. I will measure this and post results but not for a few days since we are celebrating Christmas tomorrow with one group so I don't get to go to the shop to check.

Does it use the stock gasket?

:smirk: no one has a gsxr mod AND a FMF powerbomb?

Yes they do. Kientech.com sells the Two Brothers mid-pipe in two flavors. One for the stock DR650 header pipe and one for the FMF large and Power Bomb headers. You either need to buy a new mid-pipe set up or go to a local weld shop and have them cut off the neck down section and weld on a stub with the right ID to fit the OD of the Power Bomb header. Shouldn't be a big deal or cost if you find the right shop.

There certainly is no point to spending the money on a large tube header without removing the neck-down at the mid-pipe connection point. :bonk:

DR650%20GSXR%20MOD4.jpg

Edited by mx_rob