Sign in to follow this  

Finally got a 2012

This is my first Kawi big bike. I have a klx110 for a pit bike. I just got it today. I can't wait to ride it. I have rode Suzuki for years now, and I am excited about this bike.

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

lucky... i want this bike so bad. from what i hear its a powerhorse.

As you see I have a RMZ450. I rode a guys 2012 KX and I loved the motor. I cant wait to ride mine.

Congrats. My '11 KX is the best bike I've ever owned. It's absolutely a joy to ride. You probably already know this, but I would just emphasize prepping that thing before you ride it much. My KX didn't touch the dirt until I went through and greased all the major pivot points (steering stem bearing, linkage, swing arm and axles). I was shocked how little grease they used. I know this is kind of a pain in the ass but, trust me, they barely use any grease from the factory and the grease they do use is crap.

Also, keep a close eye on the chain slide. With the 13 tooth counter-shaft sprocket, they wear out really quick. There are numerous body bolts that should be loc-tited and/or kept under close watch. Many of mine were really loose.

Awesome bike, but they really need some prep work before being heavily ridden.

I just broke my bike completely down, and Justin you are right, I was supprised even on the swingarm bolt and steering steam how little to no grease is used. If you go to transworld motocross on the "how-to" section, Josh Hansen's mechanic has a great vid on packing bearings with grease.