Sign in to follow this  

2012 Suspension and triple clamps and upgrades

I just got a 2012. Who do you reommend for suspension. I have used RG3, and had great luck. I just thought it was pricey. I have had people strongly recommend Factory connection. Also, I saw on youtube where ride engineering put 20mm triples and their steering stabilizer on a 2012, with the lowering linkage. I am considering all of this, but mainly the triples and the stabilizer. Does anyone have experience with this? What other upgrades are recommended? What exhaust have yall tried, and what are the results?

I just got a 2012. Who do you reommend for suspension. I have used RG3, and had great luck. I just thought it was pricey. I have had people strongly recommend Factory connection. Also, I saw on youtube where ride engineering put 20mm triples and their steering stabilizer on a 2012, with the lowering linkage. I am considering all of this, but mainly the triples and the stabilizer. Does anyone have experience with this? What other upgrades are recommended? What exhaust have yall tried, and what are the results?

i saw that video,and i never heard them say they were 20mm,i could have missed it,,they sell 20mm 21.5 and 22mm.i was thinking of buying that set up too..but trying to get the stock settings the best before i spend the cash.

Edited by jimjim180

I had a set of 22mm clamps on my 2011 that I removed when I sold it. I tried them on my 2012 and didn't like them. It made it real nervous, so I sold em on eBay.

I saw the same video, they did a great job selling their product. You do not need to get 20mm on the 2012, nor a stabilizer. If you like RG3 triple clamps (like myself), just get the top so you can mount the oversize bars and they don't move if you wreck. It has taken me 6 years to realize that I need to stop spending so much money on my bike, and more money on lessons and track time....

Maybe you've got money to burn, but in my opinion the '12 handles/ rides great.

Stock offset on the clamps is fine.

I found my forks were blowing through the stroke fast on big hits, It is all revalved with anti-bottoming cones now and works awesome.

Stock offset on the clamps is fine.

I found my forks were blowing through the stroke fast on big hits, It is all revalved with anti-bottoming cones now and works awesome.

Who did the susp. work on it? Any more info on the cones?