Sign in to follow this  

Air fuel screw installed w/ new jetting, what should I adjust the screw too?

I had a 42p and 130m in the bike when I got it. I did the air box mod, 11/16th drilled out baffle, pulled the pink wire, 45p, 152m, and the Moose air/fuel screw. What should I adjust it too w/ this jetting and ccc mods? Or how do I go about getting it dialed in, which way do I turn it if its acting a certain :crazy:way

I would start with adjusting the fuel screw to about 1 1/2 turns out. Turn it all the way in CW then back it out to about 1 1/2 turns and you should be real close if not right on. When you turn it out it will richen it up and when you turn it in it will run alittle leaner. Temp and altitude changes are a couple reasons that fuel screw adjustments need to be made.

Thanks man. When its hot out, do I want it lean, and rich when its cold? So im gonna have to adjust it Everytime I ride in a different area or the temp and humidty has drastically changed?:bonk:

No problem, usually if your overall jetting is good and close you dont have to mess with it alot but yes when the temps go down an adjustment to richen it alittle will keep it running good, and when it gets hot and humid in the summer leaning it out alittle will keep it running good then too. Just makes keeping the engine running good easier and quicker to do. Once in awhile if you notice back firing or popping on decel often a small adjustment will help quiet that down to if you richen it alittle.

My jets must be bang smack on,coz i never adjusted the mixture in any weather.You got this bike all buttoned up yet mate?

Yea, what's the word?

I like my flex jet. I can adjust on the fly.

394521_342941629056510_100000220273706_1576883_1222872011_n.jpg

Edited by Diamond DG
add photo

Yes, I finally got to ride it today:ride:. All jetting, tires, fluids and ccc mods are done. It rode great, def alot snappier and rode more like my mxer 250, but in a nice, controlled way. I got my air screw at 1.5 turns out, which I will continue to play with tommrow when I go riding again. The bike still has a little tiny smidgen of hesitation I think, or it just may be the 14/53 gearing is to high, and the motor strains a bit... I'm getting new sprockets Sun, so I won't mess w/ the jetting til then. The bog is gone, its fast, and has good power. I really don't know if the jetting can get any better because I don't know what a spot on 250x rides like...

So I'm not quit sure if its jetting, idle, air screw and or gearing...:bonk:

I'll let you know tommrow after some more testing, but its def a dif bike!!! Thanks for the help getting me off the ground, now its time for tweaking:smirk:

I have found that when the fuel screw is adjusted right the e start cranks the bike instantly without having to spine the motor over a few times. You don't hardly even hear the starter engage.

Yea man, I noticed that too!!! After i did the new jetting and had the screw in and adjusted. Started right up, like it didn't even turn over once..

Mine is running before I can get my finger of the button.

Thats badass!! Mine will do that with the kick starter, but not the battery. But I have that new battery now, so I'll install that and hopefully its got strong cold cranking!!! All the reviews said it did, so well see:bonk: