Sign in to follow this  

82 yz125

Just picked it up today, runs awesome. Man I forgot how much fun 2 strokes are! Anyway does anyone know where i can get a quality relacement rear fender for it? I recall the steering plumbed coolant being problematic, what do I need to look for(where do they leak) and for long term storage what precautions should i take? Im also looking to get repro stickers or originals of the kyb fork leg and rear fender warning labels. Any info will help, thanks

Edited by ickfinger

thanks mr henry, love the articles you post. I saw those online and noticed the front shroud is missing some detail that the stock parts have and thought between that and the do it yourself hole drilling, they might be very vague fitting. I was hoping on someone with experience in this year/make/model plastic replacement might chime in. Ive seen some maier stuff that was poor color match,no gloss finish, and dont want that...

I appreciate the help, however as I dismantle the bike and clean off the parts, I find this is a low hour machine with no wear other than the number plate backgrounds and it suffered a lop out that broke the rear fender. Original everything except grips(pink)! Even the shifter rubber looks brand new, no wear marks at all! when i figure how to post pics Ill post em when its reassembled.

I appreciate the help, however as I dismantle the bike and clean off the parts, I find this is a low hour machine with no wear other than the number plate backgrounds and it suffered a lop out that broke the rear fender. Original everything except grips(pink)! Even the shifter rubber looks brand new, no wear marks at all! when i figure how to post pics Ill post em when its reassembled.

It's cool to find bikes like that. They're out there.

From what I can tell, the original owner(who got this bike Dec. 8th, 1983. perhaps as a xmas gift) used this bike enough to loop out, and sieze the motor before he even wore out the stock tires and chain/sprockets. Then it was left in a dark garage for a 28 year nap. He GAVE it to the person I traded my 2002 xr100 straight up for it, who had the top end redone by a private mechanic, but soon realized the bike was too tall for him. So I guess I should be happy this bike had a "wannabe" dirt biker as a first owner!

From what I can tell, the original owner(who got this bike Dec. 8th, 1983. perhaps as a xmas gift) used this bike enough to loop out, and sieze the motor before he even wore out the stock tires and chain/sprockets. Then it was left in a dark garage for a 28 year nap. He GAVE it to the person I traded my 2002 xr100 straight up for it, who had the top end redone by a private mechanic, but soon realized the bike was too tall for him. So I guess I should be happy this bike had a "wannabe" dirt biker as a first owner!

Sounds just like the story of my 1983 RM125.