gopro hd hero 2 helmet mount

I have mine on the side and I like it just fine. If you take the go pro, set up the mounts in a couple of different positions, and just tape the go pro to the helmet. Then take a picture with the go pro in each location and see which one you like best. If you get the camera in the correct position on the side of your helmet, the amount of helmet you see will be minimal.

Chest mounts are cool too.

Side mount!! If set up correctly you will barely see yout chin guard and you will see the whole trail, hands,bars and bike. Like you see while riding. Instead of the floating in air veiw- top mount or the all you can see is the bars and barely any trail - chest mount. This is my vid setup!

Just my 2c's

If you ride in the woods put it on the side of your helmet. Fastforward to 5:30 and see why:

Unfortunately this happens to me often when its on the top of my helmet. This time it amost ripped me off my bike.

I have been removed from my bike by that, same thing happens if it's on the side, vines love helmetcams, in fact, you can call them "vinecatchers"

I only wear them on my chest now, and the view is better

I dont like this view, not enough of the bars, so you cant see what your hands are doing

I respect everyones opinion on this. I do see your point! One solution is to lower the camera angle like we did below. Another option is don't stand up. lol!!

I really do like the chest mount but I don't like that it's imobile. I like the "chase cam view" especially side by side in the air shots.:bonk:

Chase cam view. check out my close call at 4:12.

I respect everyones opinion on this. I do see your point! One solution is to lower the camera angle like we did below. Another option is don't stand up. lol!!

I cant ride sitting down

I really do like the chest mount but I don't like that it's imobile.

that's the best part, helmet mounted cameras tend to make me want to vomit unless the rider never turns his head, I turn my head a lot watching to make sure the rest of the group has not gotten too far behind, watching an hour of that makes me want to vomit