GoPro users... What editing software are you using???

sony or cyber... pinnacle is junk in my eyes. nothing special. cyber direct will givce you a 30 day month trial you can download. just make sure your cpu can handle the software. youd be surprised how much stress it takes to make even a simple edit sometimes on your cpu.

+1 for AVS. I went through the same problem last year when I got my GoPro and Debi suggested AVS and it is awesome. I also had been used to Windows Movie Maker for other videos, but its rendering process sucks out so much quality that it's not even worth using it to edit the GoPro's video... like you might as well just shoot your video with a camera phone.

I used the 30 day trial of Avid studio to make this video (Avid is made by or is in partner with pinnacle) I probably put 15 hours into it, where as I put about 150 hours in another video that was only twice as long and did not come out nearly as good using WMM. And I know I could have done a lot more with Avid.

It is a lot like window MM but done right, easy to use and does not mess up as much. It was a little buggy sometimes and the timeline sometimes would not play or do what I told it too, but saving, opening up a new project, then re opening the project always fixed the bugs...

I liked how it just took my mp4's just fine, but one thing I did notice, in the trial at least, is that I think it was with .avi clips, you can make them slow mo, but if you check the smooth motion box, the export will crash at that clip. So you can't make the .avi clips a smooth motion in Slow mo, not sure if they fixed this bug.

But I would like to give sony vegas and maybe others a try.

Cyberlink Powerdirector 10 does a great job. Very good quality encoder with easy to use features. I tried AVS and the encoder created a mirror like image on fast moving close ups which made it look distorted. I don't use gopro but a HD canon camcorder which uses AVCHD format.