Sign in to follow this  

SS line user`s, need help!

Sooo today went down to the local shop, intending to order a full Honda front set-up. First thing I did, walked straight up to a bike and felt the lever, just what im looking for! So went up to order the set-up, but the guy at the counter said it would be $600+ for the set-up :bonk: I already knew it would be around 325. But then he started explaining how stock is PLENTY, and trust me, I believed him. So I ended up leaving with new pads and the need for a Honda :smirk:. So got home, installed the new pads, OEM btw, and was praying for a firm lever, nope. So right before I started to cry,hahaha, I noticed my lever was way closer to the bar then the Honda, and felt awkward compared to the Honda. Then I remembered the lever is adjustable! So I set it up to feel comfortable, and...........it felt ALMOST like the Honda. So the guy at the shop said that SS lines make a HUGE difference in lever feel. So now im thinking about getting one, and it should be just like, or close to, the Honda. But does it really help that much, or is it one of those, "oh, its a little better, could be better" things?

SS lines are a "oh, its a little better, could be better" kinda thing if your stock lines are in good shape, but if they are worn out and flexing then they are an improvement.

How on earth did you think changing pads would help with leaver firmness ??

Exactly what intense said. I put SS lines on mine and it wasn't much of a difference but my stock hoses were in good condition. You can get a set of HEL for a fair price on eBay. They look pretty cool. Make sure the brake system is in good condition such as the calipers being able to slide freely, rotors not bent and fluid in good condition.

Where though? There is no oil leaking any where, no air in the line. What or where could the problem be?

the ss lines and a complete rebuild of the master cyl,along with your new pads and good fluid along with a proper bleeding should make the brakes as good,if not better than anything honda has out there.peace and wheelies,i bleed blue lol.