Sign in to follow this  

Do i need a fork oil gauge ?

If they are single chamber forks than the answer is yes. I had a 06 WR450 and used a Motion Pro fork oil gauge. Fill the fork with oil, set the gauge do the desired level, and suck the oil out until it stops picking it up. Thats how I did it.

No. If the forks are filled by height from the top you can just mark a dip stick and remove or add as needed. The tool just sucks out the fluid as it sets the level. Easier, faster ... Yes. Have to buy .... No.

If we would know which bike do you have the question would be may more easier to answer.

If we would know which bike do you have the question would be may more easier to answer.

Yes..It will most probably be one of those in his signature....??:

(have 95xr600,95kdx200r and, 97 exc 300 )

i went down to my local dealer and they didnt even know what forks they were, so im just going to fill them up as much as they had in them before (i havnt takin the second fork apart yet so ill measure the level on that one. The bike is a 97 exc 300, but they are not the stock forks, as in 97 the exc's didnt have usds.

You do not need to buy a fork oil gauge, when You know what fork oil level You want.

Any kind of spray bottle pump will work, like a Fantastic cleaner or what ever , unscrew it from the bottle measure down from the bottom of the cap and cut the plastic line to Your desired oil level turn the pump to stream, set on the top of Your forks and pump off the excess oil !

It will work just like any oil level tool, just might take a few seconds longer.