Sign in to follow this  

odd noise from 250sx

Heya lads

been busting brains on this one for a few days now and cant figure it out

2011 ktm 250 sx, making a fluttering type sound, that u can only hear either on decel or just above idel, originally it kinda sounded like something may have been sliding up and down the cylinder, but we have illiminated this by checking all the top end, the reed system etc, the bike has only done 8hrs from new, any one with any ideas? or had a simular issue? the bike still seems to run perfect

cheers

photo.php?fbid=294966510543292&set=a.279680092071934.73207.279679858738624&type=3&theater

Is the pipe tight, mounts springs, flange/Orings? Is it running any different?

its an odd noise, not a really bad noise, but not normal

nothing is loose, no there is no skid plate, and i originally thought it might have been the pipe flange, but checked that also, seems fine, as for the noise its definatly from the engine end of things, and it seems louder on the left side of the machine, the non pipe side, and as i said its hard to really explain the noise, but it sounds like kinda an air leak mixxed with a piston scratch noise, and nah bike seems to start and run as it should

kinda but not really, like it doesnt sound like a flogged bearing

im a moto mechanic, and never seen anything like this

i will get a clip with my fone, but im not sure how well you will be able to hear

the best way i can discribe is like a flapping kinda noise as the revs die back down near to idel

Does the power valve flapper look nice and shiny in any areas? Hows the z dimension measure?

z dimension???? and the main powervalve flap? yeh looks pretty good and in good working order from what i can see, the bikes bascially brand new. it was dany tores x fighters bike from here in australia he rode it for that event, now ive ridin it here twice, and was perfect until i started it up yesterday for a ride.