Sign in to follow this  

ContourROAM HD 1080p Camcorder $89

Wow, another video recorder deal today! As always, act fast if interested.

During checkout/in cart, apply code:89ROAM89, and the price drops from $179 to $89 with free 1-day shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GLFSYQ/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Also, here is the link to a mod that allows it to shoot 60fps(I can't verify if it works)

http://www.wikihow.com/Mod-a-Contour-Roam-to-60Fps

Thanks for the link....When I got to the check out I found out they won't ship to Australia....Bugger.....:smirk:

Ship it to me and I will hold it for you until you come get it :bonk:

I would hold out for the Contour+ Plus to go on sale. It has an external mic so you can mount the mic inside your helmet and totally eliminate wind noise. Of which the wind noise is so bad with my 1st generation Contour 720 HD that in 2 years I've only used it about a dozen times.

Thanks for the link, thats a pretty good price. I wonder if they are in the process of releasing an upgraded versoin of these and this is how they get the old ones moved out?

I'm not too concerned about wind noise so I have one on the way, a little Xmas present to myself.

Thanks for the link, thats a pretty good price. I wonder if they are in the process of releasing an upgraded versoin of these and this is how they get the old ones moved out?

I'm not too concerned about wind noise so I have one on the way, a little Xmas present to myself.

Your welcome, and Merry Christmas.

They have a firmware update on the Contour site that deals with the mic issues. BUT, I also read on the 60fps mod page I linked to, that you can't do the 60fps mod if you upgrade the firmware...pick your poison I guess. :bonk:

wow awesome, ordered!

Wont ship to Canada either :bonk:

im from canada but i ship things to the US just across the border.. if you are from the lower mainland, BC. pm me ill give you the details.

I do not have the Roam, but the GPS version, but as far as I know, all the mounts are the same between the versions.

I have used the goggle strap mount. I'm not sure it is the best solution, unless your strap is super tight. I found two things:

1) It is not that easy to get the angles just right - although the use of a blue tooth enabled android phone does help as it allows you to use the phone as an initial view finder. This is not available on the Roam.

2) If it gets rough, the camera will move up and down on the strap - again maybe I like my strap a little looser than most.

When on the SM and tar, the strap mount has been just fine.

A question for you guys that use the ContourROAM camcorder....

What do you use to mount it to your helmet?

How do you find these deals?

How do you find the special coupon codes? :smirk:

I check another site, slickdeals.net a couple times a day just for these types of deals. Since, I "hang out" in the DRZ forum too, I wanted to share with my people. :banana:

Glad you were able to take advantage there, Craig. :bonk:

That reship site truly IS gold...what a great idea!

I check another site, slickdeals.net a couple times a day just for these types of deals. Since, I "hang out" in the DRZ forum too, I wanted to share with my people. :banana:

Thanks Bro! I used to frequent the DRZ threads! :smirk:

I check another site, slickdeals.net a couple times a day just for these types of deals. Since, I "hang out" in the DRZ forum too, I wanted to share with my people. :busted:

Once again you have scored high in my ratings....:banana:

I will have to add slickdeals.net to my watch list....:smirk: