Sign in to follow this  

New Bike- 2011 GasGas EC200 Six Days

Parked in the shop this afternoon.

Got the jetting close, but may need a bit of fine tuning.

Brake pedal needs to be lowered a bit.

Suspension will need just a bit of adjusting.

I still can't believe that the bike needs almost nothing to be ready to ride.

How is the reliability on these bikes are they as bullet proof as other smokers?

Finally got the jetting worked out, got the track at home cleaned up today, and was able to spend some time on the bike.... I like it!

Plate is here, brake/tail light is here, mirrors are here, and this week I'll bolt it all together and have it street legal by next weekend.

I think I'll hot wire the headlight low-beam in the on position and use the current headlight switch to turn the high beam on and off.

Congrats!

Can I ask what bike you "were" riding prior to the GG 200 6days? How is the power?

Reason is I'm getting ready to pull the trigger for a 2011 250 6days and am wondering if the 200 is enough power

Congrats!

Can I ask what bike you "were" riding prior to the GG 200 6days? How is the power?

Reason is I'm getting ready to pull the trigger for a 2011 250 6days and am wondering if the 200 is enough power

CRF230 (46lbs lighter than stock, 11:1, port work, cam, exhaust work, suspension, etc.)

Prior to that it was a 2003 YZ250 set up for woods, '05 KTM 400 EXC, 2003 XR280, etc etc etc.

The bike lugs every bit as good as my YZ, rips on top end much better than the YZ, is much more agressive than the KTM, feels every bit as light as a YZ125 I had my son riding, and over-all seems to be a very good woods bike for an agressive rider.

If you are coming off of a 450, I'm not sure a 200 would have what you are looking to accomplish.

So your 200 feels as light as a YZ125? I know they are heavier but it sounds like my 2010 GG their weight seems lower which makes them ride light. I'm considering a 2012 GG 200 myself it's GREAT to read they have good power. Thanks for the follow up.

How in the world did you shave 46 pounds off a crf230? I know they are heavy but that sounds impossible, well reasonably impossible.

How in the world did you shave 46 pounds off a crf230? I know they are heavy but that sounds impossible, well reasonably impossible.

If you look at my thread history, or go to the CRF230 forum, there is a thread that I started a few years ago when I started the project that details most of what I modified.

It is a very capable tight woods bike.

So your 200 feels as light as a YZ125? I know they are heavier but it sounds like my 2010 GG their weight seems lower which makes them ride light. I'm considering a 2012 GG 200 myself it's GREAT to read they have good power. Thanks for the follow up.

The YZ with a much smaller tank and 19" tire weighed in at 216, and the GasGas is right at 235.

Remove the headlight, kickstand, throw on a 19" wheel, and only fill the tank half full and you are riding virtually identical weight bikes.

... and yes, the GasGas feels much more stable which must be due to how it carries its weight.

Today I made a few passes through our swamp which has always been a good test of how a bike handles in the nasties, and the GasGas was by far the easiest bike I've been on crossing the rutted muck. It instilled confidence!

The YZ with a much smaller tank and 19" tire weighed in at 216, and the GasGas is right at 235.

Remove the headlight, kickstand, throw on a 19" wheel, and only fill the tank half full and you are riding virtually identical weight bikes.

... and yes, the GasGas feels much more stable which must be due to how it carries its weight.

Today I made a few passes through our swamp which has always been a good test of how a bike handles in the nasties, and the GasGas was by far the easiest bike I've been on crossing the rutted muck. It instilled confidence!

Lets ride, been to long (call me). I have a WR165 you HAVE to try as it rules...

IMG0043-XL.jpg